Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mikalla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2006, 05:58 PM
    Marble and wood flooring
    We are moving into a new house without flooring. I would like wood floors in the kitchen. My husband thinks it will look "too woody". I am looking for pictures to show him, done with color variation between the cabinates and flooring, it shouldn't. I also want to know it we could use marble tile and wood in some sort of a pattern. I am aware that there may be problems mixing the two materials. Is there a really good fake wood that could be used in the same manner? Thank you, Mikalla
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Jan 16, 2006, 07:16 AM
    There are different color variations of wood floors. Don't match the floor color to the cabinets. It will look too woody then. Try to match the floor color so it looks good w/ the cabinets but also w other finishes in the house.
    I've installed Bruce wood flooring a kitchen 3 weeks ago and have another install in a kitchen in about 4 weeks.
    There is hardwood flooring in my own kitchen. (was installed when we bought the house)
    You can use marble and wood together. With the concrete underlayment board and the marble thickness it should be just about the same height as the wood floor.
    A good floor installer will make things however you want them $!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laminate Wood Flooring [ 5 Answers ]

My husband just recently installed laminate wood flooring throughout the house. Can someone please recommend how to clean these floors? Some people have said just spray a little water and damp mop. Can it be cleaned with any kind of cleaner? I just bought some Murphy's Oil for wood floors but on...

Cultured marble vanity top [ 7 Answers ]

I picked up a cultured marble vanity top to fit on my vanity at home. I didn't remember that the vanity fits into a corner and thus didn't factor in the vanity having a finished edge on that side. Is it possible for me to trim the cultured marble with a circular saw or is specialized...

Cultured Marble Tub? [ 2 Answers ]

OK guys, got to good deal on a large cultured marble tub + surround from local manufacter. My first pick was a large cast iron tub but no way for me to easily move it in the house. Cultured marble man is going to install the tub and surround for me. The material looks very strong and durable. ...

Lump Inside my Vagina Like A Marble [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Lump Inside my Vagina Like A Marble. I recently had test for std's and was told I had none. However the lump was found last week and the test were done in November.

Marble Serving Trivets for Hot Dishes [ 1 Answers ]

This isn't about cooking per se, but I didn't know what other category to put it in. I am looking for nice trivets for serving hot dishes (casseroles, lasagna, etc.) on the table. I have seen some attractive marble ones in some cookware stores and catalogs, but I'm not sure if marble can...

View more questions Search