Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eggsinker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 09:17 PM
    Landline phone DSLyes but no audio dial tone
    Hello,
    All of a sudden (high wind weather went through the other night). Coincidence maybe.
    Now singlr line phone system has DSL that still works but audio / dial tone do not work.
    Unplugged all phones and plugged back in one at atime and still no dial tone.
    Opened box on out side and unplugged connection that feeds house then plugged in a phone and got dial tone and could make call. Seems like not feeding from box to inside. Is this just a connection deeper inside the box? Or is it passing through some electronic device thing that could be broke or toasted?

Thanks for any help that would keep us from being like Oliver Wendell Douglas in Green Acres and going outside to answer the phone.

Thanks,
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2008, 09:35 PM
    If the DSL modem works, try plugging a phone where it plugs into the modem.

You didn't mention whether your using filters or splitter at the NID.

It's entirely possible that it's a line resistance thing inside the house and the DSL modem is virtually unaffected.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No dial tone [ 2 Answers ]

None of our phones are working; we get dead air. No calls coming (going right to voice mail) and not able to phone out. The odd thing is, we have high speed internet and that is working fine (connected to the phone line). How is this possible and do you have any suggestions? Very frustrated in...

Phone has no dial tone, but wires in house connected [ 2 Answers ]

Okays people can call and they hear the phone ring and ring, but my phone has no dial tone and won't ring, but if I were to pick up the phone and someone happens to be calling at the same time I can hear it ring. I have att, and could it be the outside box, and if so how would I connect it back,...

Dial tone [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 2 phone jacks, I get a dial tone for 15 seconds then the recorded message saying "please hang up...." my wife tells me, that we blew a fuse in that room the other day. I have checked the connections and cleaned them. Any thoughts? Thom

Phone is active outside No dial tone w/ inside wiring [ 6 Answers ]

:( Older townhome with red green black yellow wires from jacks. Incoming lines are blue /white, orange/white, green/white, blue/red, brown/white, grey/white and vs.versa. All jacks have been disconnected and I have tested the first incoming jack with blue/white, white/blue to the red and green...

No dial tone but phone rings [ 5 Answers ]

I have no dial tone but the phone rings very low when someone calls and when I pick it up it's dead except for another low ring on other end. I live on second floor of garden apt. could the person below me have punctured the line coming up from the NID with a nail or screw maybe hanging a picture...

View more questions Search