Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tammy7629 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 07:43 PM
    We brought a house property that has IRS Tax Liens
    We bought a house in 2001 from our neighbor without doing a Title Search. He was very sick on a Heart Transplant list. We paid off the balance of his Mortgage and then he passed away a few weeks later. We received a Warranty deed in our name. After we renovated we tried to sell the house and found that there was approx. $100,000. In IRS Tax Liens. The IRS Tax Liens were last refiled for record over 10 years ago. A couple of years ago we hired a lawyer and paid him $ 2,500. And never got any further than we are right now. He said it would be best to wait until the 10 year statue of limitations runs out and file for a Quiet Title. We have also been paying the taxes on this property.
    What information do you have to offer and how can we get Title to this property?
    Thank You.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2008, 07:47 PM
    Did you not do any title search on the property before you bought it,
    ** they can not place a lien on it, after it is sold.

If you got a warranty deed, then they are required under the terms of the deed to clear the title of the home for you. ** you will need an attorney but can still have a lot of trouble. If you got title insurance on the property, contact them.

If you paid cash, did not have a title search done, and got a quitclaim deed,you could just be in real trouble.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get liens off my property [ 12 Answers ]

I built a new house that was completed in July. I got a loan and everything was financed. I found out that the builder did not pay some of the contractors. I did pay title insurance. Is the title company suppose to protect me? How do I get these Liens off? Also, how do I get the builder to fix the...

Property liens [ 4 Answers ]

How do I file a lien on someone's property

How much tax do we pay for house/property inherited? [ 1 Answers ]

so I'm not sure how all these taxes work, but my mom was asking me if she put in her will to give one of us the house/property, how much tax do we pay or she pay? She also mentioned that there are some legal forms we have to sign for that too and that there are several types, which one would be...

Property Liens [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am selling my house and the title company told me that I have 3 liens against the property that don't belong to me, they are placed for people with similar name than mine, I bought this property a year a half ago and it was with clear title, how can I remove them? And why is that these...

Property Liens [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My name is Nicole Bridges. I am currently behind 5 months in my Condo Assessment fees. Can the Condo Association put a lien against my property for being behind in my assessment fees? Please advise. Thanks, Nicole Bridges

View more questions Search