Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrsking0105 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 05:57 PM
    Unpaid debt
    I just got summoned by First Resolution Management Corp. for an upaid debt. I have moved since the credit card company has I guess contacted them. I haven't been receiving my mail because it was at my parents house. I called and set up a payment plan with them to get a certain amount taken out of my checking account and gave them my new address. I didn't receive anything or get a phone call that I know of. They didn't take out the money in my account and then sent a letter to my parents house that I didn't pay the bill. But I didn't get the letter my mom did and threw it away. I didn't have their phone number or anything. Then today my mom tells me that they are sending me to court and everything. I don't and can't afford to go to court what can I do. I can barely make the payment they were going to take. But I wanted to work something out first. What can I do? Also it was like in 2003 when I stop paying the credit card company. I don't even remember what the name was of the card.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 06:05 PM
    You need to appear in court. If you don't, they will get a default judgment against you.

Your reasons for not paying are not good enough to win the case, but, you will have the chance to present your defense. Maybe you will get lucky and get an easy going judge who just might believe you and feel sorry for you. Ya never know.

At least you can try to fight the case, if you don't show up at all, you loose for sure. If you are really lucky, they will forget to go to court, or they might expect you to not show up.
    If you do, and they don't, the case will be dismissed and YOU WIN.

Good luck to you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being Sued for Unpaid Credit Card Debt. [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings and thank you for reading my question. I have read several other post with questions similar to mine however, I wanted to put my exact situation to remove any question as to what I should do. I have been served a summons and "REQUIRED TO SERVE UPON THE PLAINTIFF'S ATTORNEY A COPY OF...

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

Bank Account Debt unpaid [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there, I recently had an issue with my bank account & is in debt of about $1500 because I made purchases at e-bay but my paypal money was not transferred and I ended up with over $ of my overdraft fees plus the cost of merchandise. I am planning not to pay it because is frustrated that how...

They took my car over an unpaid medical debt [ 5 Answers ]

My son broke his arm shortly after I lost my job and I didn't have insurance. I ended up owing an orthapedic doctor $800.00. They ended up having attorneys call me and harrass me for money. I was currently getting unemployment and didn't have the extra money to pay the bill at that time. They ended...

View more questions Search