Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LostWithoutHim08 Posts: 14, Reputation: 4

Jan 31, 2008, 05:47 PM
    Cant find inmate
    OK I recently posted on here about my boyfriend being incarcerated, but my problem is I usually could go on the jail docket website and look him up in the inmate finder but now its saying no records found... why is that? I was on the website called webcrims... but I looked on the ny jail docket site too and its saying he's not there either... his last court appearance was over a week ago. :(
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2008, 05:52 PM
    When is the last time that you were in contact with him in any way?

Jan 31, 2008, 05:54 PM
    I received a letter from him on his court date last Tuesday.
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2008, 05:58 PM
    So, I am guessing that you don't know the results of what happened in court. Is that correct?

Jan 31, 2008, 06:01 PM
    I was originally told he was sentenced to 2 years but I found out today he is sentenced to 14 months.
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2008, 06:05 PM
    It's possible that what would normally be available online isn't right now because maybe he was transferred to somewhere and they just hadn't updated everything in the records. He was in jail and not prison, correct?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2008, 06:08 PM
    If he was sentenced to Prison, the jail would not be holding him on a contract basis pending being transferred to one of the prisons.
    So it is possible that the city jail do not show him as one of their prisoners because he is not considered thiers, if he has been sentenced to prison.

Have you checked your states corrections dept for a search of their inmates.

But sometimes those inmates in transit or pending do not show up on the computer.

Jan 31, 2008, 06:10 PM
    Yes he was in county jail...
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Below is the link to where you would look up inmates in the New York State Department of Correctional Services, if that might help you.

Inmate Information»NYS Department of Correctional Services

Jan 31, 2008, 09:31 PM
    Thank you... but that's the other website I was using. It says there is no inmate there by his name...
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 09:53 PM
    Lostwithouthim I know in Ohio they have transitional status/transit status, if this is the case then he probably would not show up in the system, until he is settled in the prison that he will be serving his time in. Call the previous jail that he was in and see if they will tell you where he is.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2008, 04:45 AM
    Hello lost:

Try the telephone. It's a great invention.

excon

Feb 1, 2008, 08:18 PM
    Lol excon give me some kind of credit! I tried calling, they really weren't any help. All they told me was what I already knew... but thanks all anyway. I got a letter today from him telling me everything I wanted to know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inmate filing a tax return? [ 1 Answers ]

Can an inmate in a state correctional institution file a tax return? If so what information would they use being they do not receive a W2/1099? My husband owes child support arears and his refund gets intercepted and this is the first year I will be filing since we are married. Is there a way...

HOW can I find old age homes in BARRIE Ontario? I need to find my mom! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, just wondering if someone could find me a listof them all, thanks!

Just where did they find that 14%? [ 12 Answers ]

I find it absolutely hilarious that there is less confidence in Congress than there is in UFOs, ghosts, Elvis being alive, Astrology, and the existence of Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster. I'm also shocked that the number who are confident in Congress is as high as 14%. So exactly where did...

How do I find my ?'s [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find my q and a's on this wonderfulwebsite?:eek:

I need to get an inmate tested [ 1 Answers ]

I just wanted to know if I would be able to get a paternity test done while the alleged father is in prison and if so what do I need to do

View more questions Search