Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 04:09 PM
    Clinton's economic stimulus plan?
    From the potential "first laddie," husband of the candidate who said "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good," we get a proposed economic 'stimulus' plan:

"We just have to slow down our economy and cut back our greenhouse gas emissions 'cause we have to save the planet for our grandchildren."
    OK, OK, in context:

"And maybe America, and Europe, and Japan, and Canada -- the rich counties -- would say, 'OK, we just have to slow down our economy and cut back our greenhouse gas emissions 'cause we have to save the planet for our grandchildren.' We could do that.

"But if we did that, you know as well as I do, China and India and Indonesia and Vietnam and Mexico and Brazil and the Ukraine, and all the other countries will never agree to stay poor to save the planet for our grandchildren. The only way we can do this is if we get back in the world's fight against global warming and prove it is good economics that we will create more jobs to build a sustainable economy that saves the planet for our children and grandchildren. It is the only way it will work.

"And guess what? The only places in the world today in rich countries where you have rising wages and declining inequality are places that have generated more jobs than rich countries because they made a commitment we didn't. They got serious about a clean, efficient, green, independent energy future… If you want that in America, if you want the millions of jobs that will come from it, if you would like to see a new energy trust fund to finance solar energy and wind energy and biomass and responsible bio-fuels and electric hybrid plug-in vehicles that will soon get 100 miles a gallon, if you want every facility in this country to be made maximally energy efficient that will create millions and millions and millions of jobs, vote for her. She'll give it to you. She's got the right energy plan."
    Huh? Best I can tell Hillary wants to take things away from us so we can have more and regulate everything to the hilt to "create millions and millions and millions of jobs" and save the planet... she's going to inflict copious amounts of pain on us for our benefit. Is that about right?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Oh I get it... the way to fight global warming is to have an economic melt down. I don't know what is scarier ;that Clinton believes this or that McCain does also.
    Normally people have to attend a week at Davos to come back punch drunk. Clinton seems to be showing the strain of the whooping Evita is getting in the primaries.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Jan 31, 2008, 05:17 PM
    I'm beginning to feel like we may wind up with one democrat running against one bootleg democrat. Tweedledum and Tweedledumber! Hopefully, super Tuesday will bring us relief. Is there anyway I can vote "none of the above"?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 05:30 PM
    I would like the contest to be undecided going into the convention . There conservatives could make a move for a 3rd choice like a Rick Santorum . More likely however is that Mac and the Huckster team up against Romney.

Above comments by the First Philanderer was a moment of "truthiness" probably brought on by fatigue. The standard answer by the purveyors of the myth is that finding solutions to global warming is just what the economy needs because of all the potential new innovations. For him to admit that we would have to reduce standards of living according to their plan is remarkably candid for a Clinton.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 09:47 PM
    Bubba says: "The only way we can do this is if we get back in the world's fight against global warming and prove it is good economics". As I said, he is a fascist. I can see Bubba Re-education Camps in our future. "Huh huh huh: let them eat oatmeal."
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 10:15 PM
    Nwo
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2008, 07:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    Oh I get it ...the way to fight global warming is to have an economic melt down. I don't know what is scarier ;that Clinton believes this or that McCain does also.
    Normally people have to attend a week at Davos to come back punch drunk. Clinton seems to be showing the strain of the whooping Evita is getting in the primaries.
    Krauthammer says he's just desperate to gain a legacy, to erase the "historical parenthesis" that was his presidency. LOL, I could not have thought of a better description.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 05:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    "But if we did that, you know as well as I do,
    Hello Steve:

I hate that you guys have forced me into supporting the Clintons, but in guise of fair play, I find that I must.

I know you hate the Clintons. But, you can read, can't you? Well, maybe when it comes to them, you can't. To me, it's clear that Bill was saying the opposite of what you THINK he said. But, of course, it's clear to me that Bush is a dufus, and it's not clear to you at all.

excon
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2008, 08:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    I hate that you guys have forced me into supporting the Clintons, but in guise of fair play, I find that I must.
    Aw come on, Ron only needs 1185 more delegates. :D

I know you hate the Clintons. But, you can read, can't you? Well, maybe when it comes to them, you can't. To me, it's clear that Bill was saying the opposite of what you THINK he said. But, of course, it's clear to me that Bush is a dufus, and it's not clear to you at all.
    I don't hate anyone ex, and I can read. I said, "OK, ok, in context," and in case anyone missed it the words you quoted were Bill's. What I said at the end was right. Hillary said she was going to have to take things away, and Bill said "if you want every facility in this country to be made maximally energy efficient" which means regulations upon regulations. Surely you won't deny it, will you?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx
    Aw come on, Ron only needs 1185 more delegates. :D

I don't hate anyone ex, and I can read. I said, "OK, ok, in context," and in case anyone missed it the words you quoted were Bill's. What I said at the end was right. Hillary said she was going to have to take things away, and Bill said "if you want every facility in this country to be made maximally energy efficient" which means regulations upon regulations. Surely you won't deny it, will you?
    Bottom Line: folks that are motivated by their hate for Bush will accept anything: Billary or Obama? Thanks goodness for the constitution and the separation of powers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stimulus tax rebate checks [ 5 Answers ]

Will non-resident aliens with H-1B visas get the currently discussed tax rebate checks as well that the government is going to send to taxpayer to stimulate the economy? I have been in the States for the last 4 working etc.

Stimulus plan? [ 20 Answers ]

Personally, though I could use the extra cash I'm not excited about stimulating the economy by putting the government further in debt. I mean seriously, if the government wants to stimulate my spending they can just stop stealing so much of my money and for instance, trying to give it to idiots...

If/When the stimulus plan passes. [ 8 Answers ]

Will you save your rebate or spend it, if you spend it, what do you plan to spend it on?

FRIGHTENING video catching Hillary Clinton's elections fraud? [ 21 Answers ]

Should Hillary be sent to jail for this? Should she be held accountable for lying to the American people, and for election fraud? How did Hillary get away with this? This is frightening. What do you make of this: YouTube - The Shocking Video Hillary Does NOT Want You To See! (1of2)...

Economic markets [ 5 Answers ]

What do you think this statement means: "economic markets are immoral" Here's what I think: They are objective, and driven only by market forces. That means that they put things like efficiency and profits ahead of humanitarian needs or personal comfort and happiness. In other words, market...

View more questions Search