Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 17, 2006, 03:32 PM
    In response to your post ademan, I don't agree because that is how I got pregnant with my first daughter. We didn't use protection and he didn't have a ejaculation so the only other explanation was that the swimmies came from his preejaculatory fluid. I don't see how urine kills sperm. They use the same tract, but urine and pre and ejaculatory fluid come from two different places in the body. How can urine kill sperm? But even if your right, If a guy does pee after? Or before?(I forgot when you said) they have the pre ejaculatory fluid, There are a milloin if not more sperm in a few drops of ejaculatory fluid, how do you know that there isn't any? To me that's taking a big risk.

Plus my doctor told me when I found out I was pregnant that pregnancy can occur even if a man doesn't ejaculate, even with pre ejaculatory, its slim but can happen.
    But we do agree to keep it safe and always protect yourself.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 17, 2006, 05:38 PM
    And I thought I heard it all...
    Quote Originally Posted by bizygurl
    In response to your post ademan, I don't agree because that is how I got pregnant with my first daughter. We didn't use protection and he didn't have a ejaculation so the only other explanation was that the swimmies came from his preejaculatory fluid. I don't see how urine kills sperm. They use the same tract, but urine and pre and ejaculatory fluid come from two different places in the body. How can urine kill sperm? But even if your right, If a guy does pee after? or before?(i forgot when you said) they have the pre ejaculatory fluid, There are a milloin if not more sperm in a few drops of ejaculatory fluid, how do you know that there isn't any? To me thats taking a big risk.

Plus my doctor told me when I found out I was pregnant that pregnancy can occur even if a man doesn't ejaculate, even with pre ejaculatory, its slim but can happen.
    But we do agree to keep it safe and always protect yourself.
    Sorry babe, can't rate again!

I would so much like to see that article that states that urine kills sperm.. This is one of the most ridiculous excuses (probably coming from a guy) that I've heard yet, and in my years, I thought I heard it all. This really takes the cake! If this were really true, then it would be on the list of contraception - and it's not. Maybe the person who came up with this has been looking at the wrong sites and should look for legitimate medical and sex education sites instead of a 'fantasy site'. I'm printing this out for our three Urologists stationed here so that they can have a good laugh. UreaN (a pharmacuetical product from urine) works as a sun-blocker and heals some skin problems, so it is used in topical medicines, but I've never heard of it being used as a contraceptive. Even people working on the old steam-engines on railroads used their own urine to help heal areas that were burned by the steam and this worked. But again, urine as a contraceptive agent will have to be proven to me before I believe in this and any young lady who hears this stuff from a guy should run, not walk, away from him as fast as she can.

This is another way of 'killing sperm' - it works!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 17, 2006, 05:49 PM
    Douching and Urination do NOT prevent Pregnancy
    Here is a quote from a medical site that covers truths and myths of medical conditions - this one is under 'natural ways of contraception', but as you can see - they do NOT prevent pregnancies!

Douching and Urination

Vaginal douching is the use of a liquid solution to wash out mucus and other types of bodily debris from a woman's vagina. Many women make regular douching a part of their routine for maintaining vaginal hygiene.
    Regardless of whether a woman does it for hygienic reasons, vaginal douching does not work as a contraception method. During intercourse, active sperm can reach a woman's cervix and even the upper part of her uterus within 5 minutes of ejaculation. Douching after intercourse cannot be done soon enough to have any contraceptive benefits and the douching could force sperm higher up into the uterus. In addition, if a woman douches within a 6-8 hour period after using, for example, a spermicide, she will actually reduce the effectiveness of this contraceptive method.

Some women used to think that standing up and urinating immediately after sexual intercourse might reduce the chances of them becoming pregnant. They hoped that gravity might make it more difficult for sperm to swim "uphill" to the uterus and that the stream of urine running over their vaginal area would wash away sperm, similar to the process of douching. However, just like douching, urination after intercourse does not have any contraceptive value.

Abstinence

Abstinence from sexual activity means not having any sexual intercourse at all. No sexual intercourse with a member of the opposite sex means that there is no chance that a man's sperm can fertilize a woman's egg.
    A man or a woman can practice abstinence from sexual activity for a specific period of time, or continuously throughout one's lifetime. Abstinence is essentially 100% effective in preventing pregnancy. Another significant benefit of abstinence is that it markedly reduces the likelihood of contracting a sexually transmitted infection. In this context, abstinence means refraining from all vaginal, anal and oral sexual activity because sexually transmitted infections can be passed from one person to another in any and all of these ways. It should be noted that sexual activity such as mutual masturbation and touching of the other partner's genitals can, in some instances, transfer sperm during heavy mutual foreplay possibly leading to pregnancy. Oral sex will not cause pregnancy. However, if we are trying to prevent sexually transmitted infection, then any contact can transmit organisms, from kissing on down the line.

NEED WE SAY MORE????

Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 17, 2006, 06:33 PM
    The pre-com clears the canal of urine because it is 'hostile' to sperm, but that does not mean it kills it. Also pre-com can also have sperm in it.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 17, 2006, 06:38 PM
    not a bad site, and worth reading - all of it though, not just pick out what you think is best for an 'excuse'. As soon as I get the scope from our Urologists - I will post it.

Ejaculate Issues Introduction:
    Ejaculate, or “cum”, is comprised of sperm and the fluid (semen) in which it travels to leave the body. Sperm are produced in the testicles, and move to mature and be stored in the epididymis. Sperm are then transported up the vas deferens by hair-like projections called “cilia”. As they move forward, they meet up with semen. The fluids that make up semen come from several parts of the male reproductive system. The seminal vesicle secretes a high-energy fluid that “energizes” sperm so they can swim by themselves. The prostate secretes about 1/3 of seminal fluid. Shortly after a man gets an erection, the Cowper's glands secrete a small amount of fluid called “pre-ejaculate” or “pre-,” a fluid that cleans the urethra of urine, since urine is hostile to sperm. With each ejaculation, approximately 1˝ to 2 teaspoons (amounts may vary) of semen is released, containing several hundred million sperm
    That's why nature prevents man from getting the urge to urinate during sex.
    Ademan Posts: 40, Reputation: 11

Jan 17, 2006, 06:40 PM
    I don't remember using it as an "excuse", in fact I remember specifically saying that protection is essential no matter what, I'm just presenting facts from different sources. (of course, there are sources that say otherwise, but I found them, to be for the most part, far less convincing)

I don't mean for this to turn into a heated argument or anything, I just had heard otherwise and said so

Cheers
    -Dan
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 17, 2006, 07:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ademan
    I dont remember using it as an "excuse", in fact i remember specifically saying that protection is essential no matter what, i'm just presenting facts from different sources. (of course, there are sources that say otherwise, but i found them, to be for the most part, far less convincing)

I dont mean for this to turn into a heated arguement or anything, I just had heard otherwise and said so

cheers
    -Dan
    Did not imply that this was your excuse, and am aware that you are just curious, naturally so and conscious of the consequences, which is good. Half-information can be damaging though, and that's what we are sharing and communicating about. Can you imagine some guy thinking that urine really works? - this would mean someone would have to urinate inside before having sex - oh, what a thought!!

This is not a heated argument to me, just a debate and information sharing, and hope that you don't have hard feelings, as I certainly don't. The more education, the better - and none of us is too old to learn more.

Just wish more guys would ask questions before going out and ruining their lives thinking they already know everything.

The site you found is not a bad one and I will enjoy going through it, maybe even get a better insight of what guys ask now a days, as I'm from another decade and they had different questions then, and a lot less diseases. The articles about HIV/AIDS myth versus facts is a very good one to read, thanks for sharing.

Keep those interesting questions coming. Everyone should be curious about everything till the day they die.
    ahbao Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2006, 01:15 AM
    Ademan, thanks for all your information...
    Chery, your right too.. Both your right...
    I keep on thinking this, can't concentrate in my final.. I don't really know how to concentrate already, when I was going to sleep, this prob keep appearing in my mind... =(
    ahbao Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2006, 01:24 AM
    By the way, in that case, my boyfriend is a virgin and he never masturbated before.. does it mean, most probably the preejaculatory fluid doesn't contain sperms?.

Jan 18, 2006, 05:46 AM
    I don't think whether or not your boyfriend ever masturbated before or not has anything to do with having sperm in his preejaculatory fluid. I agree with you Chery but Im still skeptial about the no sperm in the fluid before ejaculation. I think its better just to at least say that there is because that is what most doctors would tell you.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jan 18, 2006, 10:00 PM
    Alrighty, I just had to put my 2 cents in on this pre ejaculatory issue. I was always under the impression that there are two different types of fluid. One containing fertile sperm and One that does not. I think I might have seen it on an episode of c.s.I. at one point in time. It is based on the genetic makeup of the male involved and it's a fifty fifty chance either way. Now that being the case if that is accurate then it seems that everyone is correct. With the exception of the urine thing. Although, the urine being hostile to sperm because it has ammonia in it could verywell kill the sperm in the upper urethra.(the tube that both sperm and urine travel to exit the body and I'm not sure I even spelled that right) That poses the question of what happens to the sperm left behind the connection tubes? It's still fertile and has not come into contact with the urine so if that then counts as the next pre fluid then all men weither gone to the bathroom or not would be fertile during the next sexual experience? Just a little food for thought.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 19, 2006, 06:59 AM
    I don't think wether or not your bf ever masturbated before or not has anything to do with having sperm in his preejaculatory fluid. I agree with you Chery but Im still skeptial about the no sperm in the fluid before ejaculation. I think its better just to at least say that there is because that is what most doctors would tell ya.
    You're absolutely right, there is sperm in pre-ejaculate, just no more urine, as this gets cleared due to the hostility towards sperm. - the key was to get rid of the myth that urine can prevent pregnancies. Sorry if you read this wrong somewhere, but I did not wirte it - maybe the quotes just interpreted differently.

You know me 'sis', we agree on most all things on the 'motherhood or pregnancy' threads, because we know a lot and care!

Love, Chery

Jan 19, 2006, 07:07 AM
    ;) Oh completely. We defenitly think the same. We are a lot alike.:D
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 19, 2006, 01:55 PM
    ;) Oh completely. We defenitly think the same. We are a lot alike.:D
    You bet, sister! And we do make a difference too! That's why I'm proud to be a part of this 'family'.

Jan 19, 2006, 06:09 PM
    Awwww, sweetie pie honey bunch.lol! Its all true
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jan 19, 2006, 08:17 PM
    Ok we can make most myths disappear... just not me... lol
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 20, 2006, 01:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Ok we can make most myths dissapear.... just not me...lol
    You, especially, are a Myth worth keeping! You do more good, other myths do more harm, so stay on, we need you!
    tiffany7311981 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2006, 01:52 PM
    No it is not, you have to wait at least 1 to 4 days before your period is due, because you have to wait for the pregnancy hormones to enter into your body and takes anyway from one wekk or so before your period is due. So until then a pregnancy test is useless until that time. GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING!!
    Tiffany
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 20, 2006, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffany7311981
    No it is not, you have to wait at least 1 to 4 days before your period is due, because you have to wait for the pregnancy hormones to enter into your body and takes anyway from one wekk or so before yur period is due. So until then a pregnancy test is useless until that time. GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING!!!!!!
    Tiffany
    Welcome to the forum!
    If the posts are so far away from the one you want to answer, place the person's name in the title bar, that way we all will know which post you are answering. Hope you enjoy your stay here and that we will all benefit. Looks like this is our lucky year for gaining new members.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've gotten myself in a bad situation [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, me and my boyfriend were perfect. Neither of us were the jealous type, we could go out to the bars and have fun and laugh. Not only were we lovers we were best friends. We had fun doing just about anything and nothing. Everyone envied our relationship. Then about 2 months ago, I started...

Bad situation [ 1 Answers ]

Okay let me explain the story my 4 year old son had to get work done on his teeth so anyway we paid a load of money for the time the anthesiologist so time passed and then they sent me a letter stationg I needed to pay 1010.00 and I said shouldn't the dental insurance pay the rest of that they said...

My situation [ 10 Answers ]

Hi Before marriage I was hving a affair with my uncle's daughter... but we couldn't make it up.. to marriage... and we departed in different way.. after 4 years I got married and she too got marreid... but now she is getting interest on me and asking me to take a trip with her to a hilly resort...

My Situation... [ 18 Answers ]

I had been dating this girl for about 15 months. We seem to have been perfect for each other. We almost never got into arguments and when we did, it was over within an hour. Everything was just going perfectly, we considered marriage in the future (after college in like two years) and both had...

Is it possible to get pregnant in this situation? [ 1 Answers ]

this is the situation, I didn't had sex, I am still a virgin, I had period finished on the 4th of January, on the14th jan, my boyfriend,who is also a virgin,put his ****head into my vagina, but he didn't break the hymen,( is that the elastic vagina entrance wall?) he put in for few second without...

View more questions Search