Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clayjthom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 02:55 PM
    York Stellar gas furnace issue
    My ten year old York gas furnace will run fine but intermittently it will not start back up again when the temperature drops. I replaced the thermostat to a Honeywell seven day programmable. That did not fix the problem. If I turn off the furnace at the furnace, wait about ten seconds, and turn it back on, it starts right up. The fuse at the on/off switch looks fine. This furnace does not have air conditioning and I noticed the thermostat only has two wires connecting it to the furnace. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 05:43 PM
    I would replace the theromcouple. It is inexpensive, and not to hard. I had a very similar problem and the thermocouple did the trick. I did run into a minor problem, but resolved it fairly easily. The old thermocouple was a little longer than the new one so I had to modify the clip that holds it to get the tip into the pilot light.

If it is working some of the time, I don't think it could be the thermostat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

York Stellar furnace blower problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 19 year old York Stellar furnace. Model P1UCD12N04601B 57,000 btu's. This unit was salvaged from a military housing complex that closed in 1990. The unit shows very little wear. All the parts look new. The unit sat no operational for nearly 16 years. I removed the unit from the house...

York Stellar Furnace Heating up Furnace Room to 110 Degress? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a York Stellar Furnace in my newly purchased house. Furnace is 15 years old. Furnace is releasing hot air from front grills and heats up furnace room to 110 Degrees. I had a Bryant Furnace in another house and this never happened. All plenams and ducts are taped and sealed so the heat is...

York Dimond 80 Gas Furnace, No Blower shut down [ 1 Answers ]

I have a York Diamond 80 Gas furnace approx. 11 years old, and I have a problem w/ Blower not shutting down. Runs constant.. This has happen intermittently, but now it will not shut down at all. Heat works, but once the exchanger cools down the fan still keeps running until the cycle calls for heat...

York Stellar Gas furnace Blower comes on NO heat [ 2 Answers ]

I am at a loss, furnace has a auto ignition, has tried to restart unit, but pilot does not appear to be one, air blows out of the vents, but no heat. :confused:

Old york gas furnace [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is pete I have a old york gas furnace not the newer type with the circuit board I need a wiring diagram for a typical york gas furnace.I installed a new blower motor and thermostat,new gas valve and cleaned all components.gas ignites but blower won't come on if thermostat is on auto but...

View more questions Search