Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magsgirl01 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 02:40 PM
    Been trying for 9months to get pregnant
    My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 9 months, and still nothing its so hard when most of your friends have kids or get pregnant on the first shot. I want kids more than anything and it seems like its never going to happen. Does anyone know what to do?:(
    MrsJoseph06 Posts: 189, Reputation: 22

Jan 31, 2008, 02:43 PM
    Are you charting? Fertilityfriend.com is great to help you with that. If you know you are ovulating every month you might want to see a fertility dr. to see what's up. Were you on Birth control? It can take a year to concive a child after BC. I have been Trying to conceive for only 4 months now but I know how you feel is it so frustrating! Good luck and baby dust to you
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Jan 31, 2008, 02:46 PM
    To learn about charting you can get the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It teaches you everything you need to know about it.
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Jan 31, 2008, 02:50 PM
    You can chart ovulation, have sex every other day rather than just the times you should be ovulating, or you can simply relax and stop trying so hard. I know that sounds crazy but it really does work. I have heard a hundred stories of women trying for long periods to get pregnant and when they finally stopped trying so hard they got pregnant. For me, I got pregnant during a month I didn't think I could. I had to have a surgical procedure a week before I was supposed to ovulate, and lo and behold I got pregnant at the end of my month.

Anyway, if you are really concerned you can speak with your doctor. Does he/she know that you are trying to get pregnant? Your doctor can give you lots of advice, and can offer up some fertility testing if he/she sees fit. Good luck and I hope you fall pregnant soon!

Jan 31, 2008, 02:53 PM
    I have done everything everyone tells me, like charting I have taking charge of your fertility book we have sex when it says I'm ovulateing or you see the clear discharge but nothing ever happens. Thanks for anyone that is trying to help.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 31, 2008, 02:55 PM
    I've been trying for SEVEN YEARS.

Most couples take up to a year to conceive. Believe it or not, there's a relatively small window in which to get pregnant.

I would tak to your gynecologist and ask her what she thinks you should do next.
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Jan 31, 2008, 03:03 PM
    Definitely talk to you doc. As the pp said it takes the average healthy couple 12 months or longer to conceive. You only have a 20% chance of getting pregnant each month. Best advice is to relax and just let it happen. I know it's difficult, but it can be done. ****Baby Dust****
    lassy 26 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 04:09 AM
    Hi honey I'm same boat as you me and hubby has also been trying for a few months now... please don't be discourage just know that other people just like us is going through the same thing

Feb 7, 2008, 04:58 PM
    Its so frustrating! I just pray that it will finally happen so I don't have to keep stressing about it, we just want a family already. How long have you been trying?

Feb 8, 2008, 04:00 AM
    We've been trying for the past 7 months and you know what's gets to me is when people say you must just relax and not think about it... well let me tell you it's easy for someone to day that if they already have a baby...

Feb 16, 2008, 10:22 AM
    YAY!! Well my husband and I just found out that I am pregnant!! We are so excited 10 long months of trying, I am 7 weeks on Tuesday. The best advice is not to have sex too much and relax after having sex and lay in bed for at least 10min. Thank you to everyone that was giving me advice it really means a lot to me.
    trying4babykirk Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Feb 18, 2008, 07:56 AM
    I am in your boat too! My husband and I have been trying since Aug 2007 and in October I went to the dr. and my estrogen level was unusally low, so the Dr put me back on because pills for three months then we could start trying again... so it maybe something as simple as that, my estrogen level is back up and we are trying again. Don't get discouraged, and if you feel like you want to go to the dr. GO! That's what he/she is there for! Good luck!

Feb 18, 2008, 10:49 PM
    Congratulations girl everything of the best you and your husband and your little one... I'm still trying though I'm hoping this month I'll be pregnant as I'm getting these weird feeelings in my abdomen wish me luck!!
    trying4babykirk Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Feb 19, 2008, 07:48 AM
    Congrats and good luck! And sorry, I did not see your post when I posted an answer, not for sure why, but it wasn't there! Well Good Luck! God Bless!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 08:20 AM
    Congratulations. As for the others still waiting to conceive just give it time, I know it's hard to hear when you're chomping at the bit every month hoping and praying but it really is the only way. I tried for 7 months with my first and 10 months with my second. My mom and dad tried for 8 years and had numerous procedures to get their bundle of joy (me). Just be patient and your time will come.

Mar 4, 2008, 05:23 AM
    Hi magsgirl.. how you doing hope everything is going OK with you and the little one?

Mar 6, 2008, 10:17 PM
    Thanks everyone! Im feeling OK for the most part just sick here and there, I am eight weeks now just can't wait till out little one gets here. If anyone is still trying go on a really stricked diet and get your mind off getting pregnant it worked for me and I know some people that did that to and got pregnant!! I know its hard to forget about it but you really have to or your body will be to stressed. I was so shocked when I found out cause I went on the south beach diet and I was so focused on that diet cause its REALLY HARD! And we got pregnant, good luck to everyone and I will say a prayer for you guys.

Magsgirl

Mar 6, 2008, 11:32 PM
    It is really diificult taking your mind off it but I'm trying to do just that..
    vividdaze12 Posts: 30, Reputation: 4

Mar 7, 2008, 08:47 PM
    The first thing you need to do is calm down and try to relax. The second is go to your dr and make sure everything is working OK. The third is if everything is OK with you make your guy do and get a check up. I had the same problems and we found out I had PCO, we went on chlomid for a year with out results. We decided that children were not in our future and we were trying foster kids. After six months of no stress to get pregnant I just found out I was, with no pills. So mo matter what try to stay calm.
    celyn Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2008, 03:40 PM
    It is,nt easy, me and my hubby have been trying for 3 yrs.. and my friend have found out she pregnant and was,nt even trying, how irritating is that! You have got to keep trying and keep your head up! (it is easy to say I know but keep thinking positive)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Am I pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, just went to the doc today and found out I was pregnant. I was on the pill and had a few clots and never thought I was pregnant, got tested and it came back positive. How common is it to bleed during pregnancy? I am scared I am having a miscarriage.. can anyone help?€ It would be greatly...

Can I be pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I'm wondering if I could be pregnant I got my menstrual. But I'm really sensitive and everything makes me want to throw up, can not stand food, feel really tire always.

Could I be pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I have the IUD called Mirena and now I have a question. I've only had it for about six weeks. Last month I had a period for seven days and this month I only spotted for about one day. Could I be pregnant or am I just over reacting? Please help!

View more questions Search