Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Jan 31, 2008, 12:50 PM
    Skin lightening pills
    Does anyone have a success story with skin lightening pills? I am like a zebra because I am dark in some areas and light in others. I need to lighten and even my overall complextion. I have been using Diana Stadler for about 10days now on my face and my face feels dry but no lighten yet. I will give it 2 months to see if it works.
    Has anyone ever tried these pills Skinbleaching - Hollywood Complexions because I want to buy them?
    monobenzone_attention Posts: 64, Reputation: 3
    -

Jan 31, 2008, 01:00 PM
    I never heard about skin lightening pills that really worked.. its all scam.. do not waste your money..

There are sellers on this message board.. I'm sure that there will be people who try to convince you to buy skin lightening pills.. pay attention

I don't trust any pills.. I tried a lot.. also l-glutathione.. with no result..
    muna Posts: 147, Reputation: 5
    -

Jan 31, 2008, 03:43 PM
    Now I can say that since no one came back with WOE incriminating lab results, WOE really works, I tried mega blast cream and pills and they gave me pink undertone, and if I have money I will buy it again, I am just going to stick with mono till I see results, I want permanent results, the day you stop the creams and the pills you go back fast and I think even worse
    SugarBlush Posts: 138, Reputation: 0

Jan 31, 2008, 10:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by muna
    Now I can say that since no one came back with WOE incriminating lab results, WOE really works, I tried mega blast cream and pills and they gave me pink undertone, and if I have money I will buy it again, I am just going to stick with mono till I see results, I want permanent results, the day you stop the creams and the pills you go back fast and I think even worse
    OF COURSE, WOE works because it contain a large percentage of HYDROQUINONE & MERCURY! Duh. People are complaining not because whether it works or not. It's because the ingredients they use are dangerous! Some people will get results from hydroquinone & some people will get bad side effect from hydroquinone.
    -

Jan 31, 2008, 10:33 PM
    Well, we all want to know these lab results, I used kojic instead of Hydroquinone without disfiguring myself, so those people should come forward with the results

Feb 1, 2008, 07:26 AM
    Well, we all want to know these lab results, I used kojic instead of Hydroquinone without disfiguring myself, so those people should come forward with the results
    I will never use WOE with Hydroquinone. I am not that desperate. I am asking about these wightening pills, I don't need you selling me on another product. Thanks for you imput though.

Feb 1, 2008, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by monobenzone_attention
    i never heard about skin lightening pills that really worked.. its all scam.. do not waste your money..

there are sellers on this message board.. im sure that there will be people who try to convince you to buy skin lightening pills.. pay attention

i dont trust any pills.. i tried a lot.. also l-glutathione.. with no result..

Hi have you ever tried vitamin c or pearl extract supplements for whitening? They say that Vitamin c taken orally will disrupt the prodution of melanin.
    snow nymph Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2008, 10:56 PM
    Hi I just want to say that glutathione works. It has become a craze here in asia since white pearly skin is so in these days. I was skeptical at first, but after seeing my friends with dark complexions, I was amazed, they were using gluta capsules, some of them the injectables, I bought one from my friend who has been getting orders from around the world, and hey guess what I am 4 shades lighter only after 3 months of using it. I am very happy with the results. So yeah, whoever said that this doesn't work, why don't you do some research about the effects of gluta. It is an anti-oxidant, the side effect is whitening the skin when taken in mega doses. There are no harmful side effects even when taken in mega-doses even.

Feb 1, 2008, 10:59 PM
    THE ART & SCIENCE OF SKIN LIGHTENING Glutathione as a skin whitener
    Skin color is a function of the size, number and the distribution of melanin cells.

In fact, the number of melanin cells is the same is the same in all races, however melanin cells of darkly pigmented skin have thicker, longer and branched dendrites. The differences in racial skin pigmentation depend on the quantity of melanin pigments produced and on the distribution and the deposition of these pigments throughout the epidermis.

Melanin, the pigment that largely determines skin color, is synthesized by the melanocytes in the basal layer of the epidermis. There are two melanin pigments, eumelanin and pheomelanin. Eumelanin is black and pheomelanin is yellow. The ratio of these two pigments in the skin determines how dark or light the skin will be.

A basic understanding of the pigmentation pathway is helpful in appreciating the skin-lightening properties of Glutathione. The type and amount of melanin synthesized by the melanocyte and its distribution pattern in the epidermis determines the actual color of the skin. Melanin forms through a series of oxidative reactions involving the amino acid tyrosine and the enzyme tyrosinase. This reaction is called melanogenesis.

Tyrosinase, is rate-limiting, essential enzyme in the biosynthesis of the skin pigment melanin. The rate limiting steps in melanogenesis are the oxidation of tyrosine and DOPA. The quantity of melanin synthesized is thus proportional to the amount of tyrosinase activity present in the cell

The first step is the most critical because the remainder of the reaction sequence can proceed spontaneously at physiological pH. Here, tyrosinase converts tyrosine to dihydroxyphenylalanine (DOPA) and then to dopaquinone. Subsequently, dopaquinone is converted to dopachrome through auto-oxidation, and finally to dihydroxyindole or dihydroxyindole-2-carboxylic acid (DHICA) to form eumelanin (black-brown pigment). The latter reaction occurs in the presence of dopachrome tautomerase and DHICA oxidase. In the presence of cysteine or glutathione, dopaquinone is converted to cysteinyl DOPA or glutathione DOPA. Subsequently, pheomelanin, a yellow-red pigment, is formed. Thus, Glutathione works by inhibiting the tyrosinase activity, modifying conversion of melanin formation, resulting in a lighter skin color
    In order to achieve the whitening "side effect" of Glutathione, dose must be doubled (20-40mg/Kg Body weight per day divided into 2-3 doses). This is the main reason why glutathione helps in whitening skin. Its skin whitening regimen has been widely used in Asia and has been reported to be the Asia's Most Prescribed Oral Skin Whitener among the skin whitening products and is proven to be very safe and effective.

MAJOR SKIN LIGHTENER ACTIVATORS

Skin experts recommend the combination of GLUTATHIONE, Vitamin C and ALPHA LIPOIC ACID.

ALPHA LIPOIC ACID

Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA), also known as lipoic acid (or thioctic acid), is a sulfur-containing fatty acid found inside every cell of the human body. The main function of alpha-lipoic acid is to generate the energy required to keep living organisms alive and functioning. Lipoic acid plays a key role in a variety vital energy-producing reactions in the body that turn glucose (blood sugar) into energy.

Alpha-lipoic acid is a potent biological antioxidant that has been shown to slow the oxidative damage in cells, and in many cases stabilize or even reverse cell damage. Alpha-lipoic acid is so effective as an anti-oxidant because it works on both water and fat-soluble free radicals that cause oxidation and cell damage in the body. Some in the scientific community believe that alpha-lipoic acid can actually reverse the damage in aging cells of the brain. When used as a supplement, ALA helps prevent complications from diabetes. It has the ability to serve as a continuous supplier of cysteine. It helps recycle, renew, and rejuvenate Glutathione, extending its metabolic life many times over. Alpha lipoic acid has also been used both in oral and topical forms as a way for keeping skin healthy and young in appearance

To help increase glutathione levels. “Lipoic Acid is the only antioxidant that can boost the level of
    intracellular glutathione, a cellular antioxidant of tremendous importance.”
    - Life Extension Foundation 12/99

The common dosage of alpha-lipoic acid for complications of diabetes is 100 to 200 mg three times daily. If you are healthy and want to promote optimal health, a dose of 50 - 500 mg per day may be sufficient. Alpha Lipoic Acid appears to have no significant side effects at dosages up to 1,800 mg daily

VITAMIN C.

Vitamin C is a well known antioxidant that can be found in high concentrations in many fruits and vegetables. It is one of the most popular and highly studied vitamins due to its nutritional value in helping ward off illness and disease. Many major scientists have based their whole careers on studying and expounding on the values of vitamin C. Vitamin C is known as an antioxidant, which means it fights free radicals that cause disease. Vitamin C works synergistically with vitamin E to provide a more powerful effect than if they were working alone. Vitamin E works against free radicals in the cell membranes, while Vitamin C attacks free radicals in body fluids.

Vitamin C is a powerful water soluble vitamin and antioxidant. One of vitamin C's important function is protecting LDL cholesterols from oxidative damage. By protecting against oxidative damage, Vitamin C protects against heart disease. Vitamin C also protects smokers ( and people who receive second hand smoke) from harmful effects of free radicals. Vitamin C also protects against blood clotting, bruising and has the ability to promote healing of wounds and burns. The positive effects vitamin C provides to the skin is related to Vitamin C's contribution to the formation of collagen and tissue growth.
    FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

1. How does Glutathione make Skin whiter?

Glutathione affects melanogenesis (melanin synthesis) by inhibiting the

tyrosinase enzyme activity and supporting dopaquinone to be diverted safely

and effectively towards the production of lighter colored pheomelanin, instead

of the darker colored eumelanin. This whitening “side effect” can only be

achieved when the dosage of glutathione is doubled (20-40mg/Kg Body

weight per day divided into 2-3 doses).

2. What are the signs of a glutathione deficiency?

- coordination problems
    - generalized cell damage
    - mental disorders
    - various nervous system disorders
    - tremors and twitching
    - red cells are prone to burst
    - white blood cells decline in function
    - nerve tissue degenerates

3. Who Needs Glutathione?

- 40 years old and above
    - smokers
    - alcoholic drinkers

Low glutathione levels are found in:

- Aging population
    - Immunocompromised individuals
    - With atherosclerosis
    - Male infertility
    - Pregnancy complications
    - Hyperthyrodism
    - Liver problems
    - Cataracts
    - Cancer
    - Alzheimers, Parkinsons, M.S.
    - Results of oxidative stress due to diseases, drugs pollution,

radiation and smoking

4. What is the recommended dose for Glutathione?

As Anti-oxidant/ anti-aging:

Standard dosage computation:
    10mg per Kg BW (Body weight) per day.

As a SKIN WHITENER:

Dosage computation should be IN DOUBLE INCREASED DOSE
    20-40mg/Kg BW per day in 2-3 divided doses.

Duration:

Medium brown skin : 1-3months
    Dark brown skin : 3-6months
    Very dark skin : 6-12 months
    Black skin : 2 years or more

Maintenance Dose :

Upon reaching desired skin color, maintenance dose: 1 capsule 500mg once a day.

Note: Vit. C should be taken 1-2 times more than the dose of Glutathione to

keep Glutathione in its absorbable (reduced form) and at the same time release

the power of Vit. C derivatives whitening properties.

5. Is it safe in the liver?

Yes. The body's concentrated source of glutathione is in the liver – our main organ

of detoxification. “ the levels of glutathione in the liver is critically linked to the liver's

ability to detoxify". But exposure to pollution, alcohol and harmful chemicals in the

environment substancially reduces the levels of glutathione. The higher the glutathione

content, the greater the liver's capacity to detoxify harmful chemicals.

“ The higher GSH content, the greater the liver's capacity to detoxify harmful chemicals.”

“ When exposed to chemicals which damages the liver, concentration of GSH decreases.”

“ Reduction in GSH makes liver susceptible to damage.”

Dr. Murray's Newsletter 7/2003

“ A small study in 8 patients of LIVER CANCER using oral GSH showed modest
    benefits when given daily amounts of 500mg GSH.”

Dalhoff, Ranek, et. Al. 1992

6. What are the side effects?

Glutathione is generally considered to be free of side-effects. No untoward

side-effects nor interactions. With oral administration reported even in prolonged

use. It is SAFE. Classified as Food Supplement not a herbal. The only reported

side- effect is SKIN WHITENING when taken in increased doses.

For Asian people, usually, it will take 3-6 months before you see the effects as

recommended by all dermatologists. However, people have different metabolic

rates. For most, effects can be seen as early as 4 weeks.

8. Is it safe for pregnant women?
    Glutathione is generally safe. There have been no specific data established yet.

But there are reports that clinicians use glutathione for better fetus development

because it is an anti-oxidant. However, it would be best to consult your health

practitioner regarding the oral intake of glutathione during pregnancy. Some

ingredients added in the supplements may not be recommended for pregnant

women.

9. What is the role of Alpha Lipoic Acid and Vitamin C?

Alpha Lipoic Acid helps recycle, renew and boost the level of glutathione,

extending its metabolic life many times over.

To help increase glutathione levels. “Lipoic Acid is the only antioxidant that can

boost the level of intracellular glutathione, a cellular antioxidant of tremendous importance.”

- Life Extension Foundation 12/99

Vitamin C is an anti-oxidant required for tissue growth, essential for collagen

formation, and works synergistically together with Vit. E. Vitamin C should be

taken 1-2x the amount of glutathione you are taking. Why? Because it prevents

GSH from being oxidized and keeps it in its absorbable or reduced form.

“Blood GSH levels rose nearly 50% in healthy individuals taking 500mg of Vit. C

because it raises GSH by helping the body manufacture it and at the same time

prevent GSH from being oxidized.”

– Dr. Murray's Newsletter 7/30/2003

10. How long before I see any changes in my skin tone?

For Asian people, usually, it will take 3-6 months before you see the effects as

recommended by all dermatologists. However, people have different metabolic

rates. For most, effects can be seen as early as 4 weeks.

If your skin is medium brown, take glutathione for at least one to three months.

A person with dark brown skin will need to take it for at least three to six

months. Those with very dark skin should take it for six to twelve months.

Once a person has reached her desired skin color, the maintenance dose will

just be 500 mg a day.

11. Are there any untoward side effects?
    No untoward side effects nor interactions are known with oral administration

of Glutathione even in prolonged use. It is SAFE and is classified as FOOD

SUPPLEMENT. The only reported side-effect is SKIN WHITENING when taken

in large doses. L-Glutathione is recommended by dermatologists and has no

negative side effects.

12. Are there any drug interactions?
    Yes there are. You must not take Glutathione if you are taking Haloperidol

(anti-psychotic drug) and Cisplatin (Chemotherapeutic Drug).

13. Do I need to use sun protection?

Yes. The sun's UV radiation will trigger your body to produce black

melanin pigment. Stay out of the sun when possible. Use sunblock of at

least SPF 15 to protect your skin.

Feb 1, 2008, 11:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by monobenzone_attention
    i never heard about skin lightening pills that really worked.. its all scam.. do not waste your money..

there are sellers on this message board.. im sure that there will be people who try to convince you to buy skin lightening pills.. pay attention

i dont trust any pills.. i tried a lot.. also l-glutathione.. with no result..

first of all, the reason why it probably didn't work is because you weren't getting the right dosage, second, you should take it with vit. c, 2X the dosage of your gluta dose, plus 100 mg of Alpha lipoic acid to help recycle and metABOLIZE the gluta in your body so none of it would go to waste

Feb 1, 2008, 11:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyT
    Hi have you ever tried vitamin c or pearl extract supplements for whitening? they say that Vitamin c taken orally will disrupt the prodution of melanin.
    I am taking pearl capsules together with my gluta, you need to take pearl capsules to give you the translucent rosy glow. Taking vitamin c alone won't make you white.
    sexy lee lee Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2008, 07:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by snow nymph
    first of all, the reason why it probably didnt work is because you werent getting the right dosage, second, you should take it with vit. c, 2X the dosage of your gluta dose, plus 100 mg of Alpha lipoic acid to help recycle and metABOLIZE the gluta in your body so none of it would go to waste
    Hey I have dark Afro-Amer skin will it work on my complexion for sure. And if so what brand of Gluta, Vitamin C and Lipoic Acid should I used and what is the price. Ive been reading some forums where they have said you can take 3000mg of Gulta and 6000 mg of vitamin C for dark complexion, do you suggest this is the right amount to take. Do also suggest using skin lightening crème with this regimen for faster result. You seem to have a lot of knowledge about this product. Thanks :)

Feb 5, 2008, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by snow nymph
    i am taking pearl capsules together with my gluta, you need to take pearl capsules to give you the translucent rosy glow. taking vitamin c alone wont make you white.

Hi snow nymph, thanks for the info. What Brand of tablets should I buy? Any suggetions?
    Asian Chocolate Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 4, 2008, 05:37 PM

Muna is just another one of those woe affiliates whom get paid to promote.
    I purchased the mega blast cream AND IT DOES NOT WORK ONE BIT!
    The only thing it did was make my skin very red.
    That whole company is a scam
    Even the people whom are on the forum are scammers.
    Get this... there's actually a girl on the site with a picture of Miley Cyrus whom she claims is her friend. Lol
    You can't believe anyone on that site.
    Take it from me... don't waste your money
    -

Apr 4, 2008, 07:19 PM
    Well, if you read all my posts you can tell that I don't promote any thing, just like any one here looking for the right stuff, before you speak go back and read, WOE worked for me though it took time, I never liked it on my face, did not work for my face, just irritate it and gave me pimples, but for the body it was great, just like bio clair good for the body bad for the face, may be you should go with that one, their prices are reasonable
    kalulu Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Jul 7, 2008, 07:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyT
    Does anyone have a success story with skin lightening pills? I am like a zebra because i am dark in some areas and light in others. I need to lighten and even my overall complextion. I have been using Diana Stadler for about 10days now on my face and my face feels dry but no lighten yet. I will give it 2 months to see if it works.
    Has anyone ever tried these pills Skinbleaching - Hollywood Complexions because i want to buy them?
    Do not send money to india I sent a lot of money to skinbleaching.net mr jijo and he eat my money but I will go to africa next week and I will witch him . He will see what yousuf so

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skin lightening pills [ 1 Answers ]

I am interested in skin lightening pills that work, are there any that work,and what are the names

Do Skin Lightening Pills actually work? [ 876 Answers ]

Huh? Anyone ever heard of real skin whitening pills that work. I mean am kind of new in the skin whitening issue though have been in it all, all the products u guyz were talking about seemed to me to take ages and the results seemed to be temporaliy ...

Skin lightening pills [ 3 Answers ]

Hello , My name is brown baby and this my first time attending this website I was actually trying to find skin lightening pills without a perscription and ran across you guys thanks for the helpful tips Because I just had baby and she has done number on my dark skin I'm look lighten up Even...

Skin Lightening Pills [ 1 Answers ]

Do the lightening pills work and are they safe? Do you have to keep up the process to maintain results?

View more questions Search