Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DeathsRealm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Mapping Ports for Winmx
    I tried to install WinMX 3.54 beta on my Windows XP computer and it needs me to map a port other than 6699 to receive incomming TCP connections. I have a linksys wired/wireless router. I have no clue how to do this. Can anyone help?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2008, 08:15 AM
    PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

Look through there. Other than that you get much help here with P2P apps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Winmx [ 4 Answers ]

I've recently gotten back on the Internet. Surprise, Surprise... WinMX has been served a cease & desist order. It was my favourite. I was almost successful getting back on to it, thanks to MXpie, but, with all of the Malware I had on my systems, I had no choice but to stop and do major...

Winmx [ 6 Answers ]

Have tried to download MXpie patch (auto download) but can never connect to the site. Does it still exist or is there another patch available to get winmx up and running again. OR has AOL got a firewall block to prevent access if so how do I get around this problem Regards Robintopchef

Map Ports For WinMx and a Wireless Router [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can map ports needed for WinMx to work on my Win XP machine that is connected to a D-Link wireless router and then a cable modem? All other apps work OK (IE6-etc) but when setting up WinMX (music sharing program) the setup tells me that it cannot set up TCP ports like 6699...

Winmx problem [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody know what's happening to WINMX?I've tried connecting 2 days in a row and can't get a connection.The web site www.winmx.com seems to be unavailable as well.I sure hope their not gone.

View more questions Search