Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rogerindr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 05:12 AM
    Windspeed created in takeoff?
    How strong is the wind behind the engines during takeoff? For example behind a boeing 747. What is the strength compared too, Hurricane, storm..
    Thank's, Roger
    Old_Fart Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Jan 31, 2008, 06:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerindr
    How strong is the wind behind the engines during takeoff? for example behind a boeing 747. What is the strength compared too, Hurricane, storm....?
    Thank's, Roger
    I've seen charts for other "heavies" (C-5). At 300 feet behind the aircraft, the winds can be 150 mph. I don't know what category hurricane that translates to.
    dayslug24 Posts: 62, Reputation: 5

Jan 31, 2008, 09:43 AM
    Most 747's have GE CF6 turbofans, which produce up to 70,000 lbs. thrust PER engine.
    Here's a link to their site, maybe they have more info.
    GE - Aviation: CF6
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 10:05 PM
    Rogerindr - I think that 150 mph is = to a F-2, :: THe larger the air craft is the wores it is .;; at the rotation point , comeing off the wing tips are small tornadoes. In flight ,you don't fly under because get caught in them , you are going to spin like a top, left wing over right wing. In flight you stay at least 500 ft. below and 5 miles behind. And watch out for the winds if the wind is from the left of your flight then stay to his direction of flight . Same on the runways. Be sure which way wind is from, watch for the rotation point, that is where they start, they can in no wind condition hang around up ti 10 minuts. ( If you get caught in one ,it will be amazing if you come out in one piece. GOOD DAY AND SAFE FLYING> ::: F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've created an airlock, can anyone tell me how to get rid of it [ 4 Answers ]

Help! I changed my bath and sink taps this weekend and so I drained the system and closed all the appropriate valves (or so I thought). Once I finished I reopened the system and taps worked fine. However my power shower now has nothing coming through it... just air. I am told I have created an...

How was coal created? [ 2 Answers ]

I am curious about how coal was created far below the surface of the earth. I have always thought that somehow it was compressed vegetable matter and if that is correct, how did it get covered so deeply?

What Is Created When [ 2 Answers ]

Benzene, TNT, Picric acid, Nitrocellulose + thermal engergy are combined. C6H6 + C6H2CH3(NO2)3 +(NO2)3C6H2OH + C12H16(NO3)4O6 + thermal energy --->?? :confused: :eek:

Subfolders are created 'cause of malicious software... [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Few days back, I used a pen drive which subsequently started to cause problems by making subfolders (duplicate) of original folders. Now, the computer is going to meet its ending day. What should I do now? Any suggestion would really be appreciated.

View more questions Search