Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Jan 15, 2006, 04:41 AM
    Yahoo Instant Messenger
    After installing found no uninstall feature to remove this from my computer, not found in add/remove programs using control panel either. Is there a program I can download free to remove this or can someone please tell me how to take it off without damaging my registry in any way and to have a complete removal of Yahoo Instant Messenger. The simpler the better as I'm not too techno savvy a person. Thank you in advance for your help.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2006, 06:05 AM
    Messenger
    Hi,
    Here is a link:

http://help.yahoo.com/help/aa/mesg/mesg-09.html

Since Yahoo Messenger doesn't appear in your Add/Remove Programs list, the link above suggests re-installing Messenger, then it says it will be in the Add/Remove Programs list.
    Since it isn't in your list now, chances are that it didn't install correctly the first time.
    I wish you the best.
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Jan 15, 2006, 07:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Hi,
    Here is a link:

http://help.yahoo.com/help/aa/mesg/mesg-09.html

Since Yahoo Messenger doesn't appear in your Add/Remove Programs list, the link above suggests re-installing Messenger, then it says it will be in the Add/Remove Programs list.
    Since it isn't in your list now, chances are that it didn't install correctly the first time.
    I wish you the best.
    Fred, Good idear, plus when you click on remove please ensure you select all files so its removed fully. :rolleyes:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yahoo Messenger For Mac 8.1 [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if there is somewhere I can download Yahoo Messenger that will work with Mac 8.1 Thanks

Uninstall Yahoo messenger [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! I am new guest of yours please How do I uninstall Yahoo messenger from my PC

AOL Instant Messenger Question [ 2 Answers ]

Hi.. I have the latest version of AOL IM. Is there a way or option that I can use so that when I sign on people can't tell that I am signed on? Thanks, Paul

MSN Messenger OR Yahoo Messenger [ 3 Answers ]

Which do you prefer?

Compare msn and Yahoo messenger [ 1 Answers ]

Which of these two programs is better? Can I run both. Will they conflict? Thanks, J

View more questions Search