Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Christina Carol Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 11:35 PM
    LONG PERIOD, then spotting just days after!
    My name is Christina, and I NEED SOME ANSWERS! I have a long history of endometrial cysts. At 17, I had two cysts removed during an emergency surgery; one the size of a honeydew melon, the other the size of a soft ball. Both were embedded in my ovaries. The surgeons had to cut my ovaries in half, then sew them back together. That was six years ago.

This past month, I started my period like normal. However, it was a very lingering period. It started slower than normal, then when it finally started, it lasted almost two weeks!! When my period was coming to a close, it was just brown. Then, the brown lasted for another week; thus, the two week period. I just finished a few days ago, only to go to the bathroom a few minutes ago to find I'm beginning to spot again. Now, it is a light pink. I've only done this once a year ago. I started my period twice in the same month. I attributed it to severe stress, and it never happened again. This month, I've been under a great deal of stress, but I don't know why this is happening. I'm afraid I might be pregnant, yet I'm not showing any other signs of being pregnant. WHAT IS GOING ON!! Please help!
    Christina Carol Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2008, 09:04 AM
    Thanks for nothing
    Thanks a lot, Ask me Help Desk for absolutely nothing. I posted a question that I needed an answer to and I have yet to receive anything in response. I guess, as per usual, I'll have to figure things out on my own. I have no insurance, so it will cost be an arm and a leg to go get someone to answer my question. That's America for you...
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Feb 8, 2008, 09:15 AM
    I don't know how to answer your other post. But all I can say is, make some phone calls ASAP because there are programs and what not that can help you with your insurance. And seriously, if it is that important just go to the hospital and deal with the bill later. They take payments you know.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 8, 2008, 09:50 AM
    I guess you are talking about this post. Remember, we don't work here, we do this for free on our own spare time. I, for one, am a nursing student in my final semester of school. ALL of my current time now is taken up with studying for exams, hospital clinicals, studying for State Board Licensure Exams, and taking care of my family of 4.

I apologize that I did not get to you sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina Carol
    My name is Christina, and I NEED SOME ANSWERS! I have a long history of endometrial cysts. At 17, I had two cysts removed during an emergency surgery; one the size of a honeydew melon, the other the size of a soft ball. Both were embedded in my ovaries. The surgeons had to cut my ovaries in half, then sew them back together. That was six years ago.

This past month, I started my period like normal. However, it was a very lingering period. It started slower than normal, then when it finally started, it lasted almost two weeks!!!!! When my period was coming to a close, it was just brown. Then, the brown lasted for another week; thus, the two week period. I just finished a few days ago, only to go to the bathroom a few minutes ago to find I'm beginning to spot again. Now, it is a light pink in color. I've only done this once a year ago. I started my period twice in the same month. I attributed it to severe stress, and it never happened again. This month, I've been under a great deal of stress, but I don't know why this is happening. I'm afraid I might be pregnant, yet I'm not showing any other signs of being pregnant. WHAT IS GOING ON!?!?!? Please help!
    Bleeding is rarely (actually never) a sign of pregnancy. So, you can probably wipe this off your stress list.

Have you lost or gained a good amount of weight recently? Are you on any birth control? If so, what kind and for how long?

You say that you are under a good deal of stress. Stress does terrible terrible things to our bodies. It can cause some women to miss periods for months, yet cause other women to bleed for an indeterminate amount of time.

I understand not having insurance, I don't have any myself, but you can go to a local health department. Most are free or charge on a sliding-scale basis according to your income.

Again, sorry for the delay, but I am currently under a ton of textbooks trying to graduate, and my posting time is very limited right now.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 8, 2008, 09:58 AM
    I've merged your two threads. I'm afraid you have an unrealistic view of what to expect from sites like this. All the people who answer questions here do so as volunteers on their own free time.

In addition, there are some things that are impossible to help with remotely. The only thing that can give you true peace of mind is being examined personally by a doctor. I, too, understand the insurance problem, but your health is more important than money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I started my period 2 days after unprotected sex, It only lasted 2 1/2 days. [ 6 Answers ]

I know I've already asked if I could be pregnant because I started my period only 2 days after having sex. I've gotten feed back and that reassured me, but the weird thing is my period only lasted 2 days. I started on Tuesday morning and by late thursdy night I was already finished, which isn't...

No period, pinkish brown spotting for 11 days [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have not gotten my period this month but have been spotting. The last time I had my period was 36 days ago and it was normal (6 days long).This month I began spotting just a day or two before my expected period due date. The spotting is pinkish brown/light red with no flow to it. The spotting...

7 days late, spotting last 2 days [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My period is 7 days late today. The past couple of days I've been having cramps and I'm always sure my period has started but when I go to the bathroom there's nothing in my underware, just some brown smearing when I wipe. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 months... I tested...

Spotting 10 days after period stopped [ 1 Answers ]

Im 24 years old and have a 1 year old daughter. Yesterday I noticed some spotting in my underwear and every time I go to the toilet I see a brownish reddish discharge. I did have some thrush symptoms before I got my period on July 29th.I was on implanon for about 7 months but had it removed two...

Spotting 2 days before period due [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, okay first off I AM on the pill. Me and my boyfriend have sex and do not use a condom but I faithfully take the pill at the same time each day and have not missed one. I am due for my period sometime after tomorrow into the next week but I experienced a little bit of dark blood on my...

View more questions Search