Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mavricktoo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 07:58 PM
    Bathroom Outlet Location
    I am in the process of adding a new bathroom. During the electrical rough-in I placed the outlets over the vanity at the same height as our other bathroom which gives me a height of about 7" from the vanity top. There will be double sinks in the new room and I have roughed for two outlets which will be protected by a GFI outlet.
    We have now chosen a vanity that is slightly taller than our other one which will result in the bottom of the outlets to be approximately 3 1/2" off the vanity top. Will this be OK to pass code and inspection? Secondly are there any code issues as to the location right or left of the center of each sink bowl? Since I have not yet tiled the wall yet, I would like to know if I need to change anything before the tile goes up.
    Thanks.

Dave
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2008, 03:41 AM
    The height is not a problem, and having an outlet either left or right of the sink is not a problem.
    Remington Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 05:53 AM
    Thank you sir for your quick and helpful response. You saved me a bit of work by not having to move anything. Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing bathroom outlet for fan and lights [ 3 Answers ]

The double switch outlet in my bathroom went out. One switch controlled the fan and the other the lights (one on the ceiling and three on the wall). I went to Menards and bought a new double switch outlet for the wall. I thought it was going to be EASY - take the old one out and hook the new one...

Adding a Bathroom Countertop Outlet [ 1 Answers ]

What is the code for how high above the bathroom counter top a GFI 20amp outlet must be? Thanks

Bathroom light and outlet. [ 10 Answers ]

Recently purchased a new house. 2 bedroom ranch approx 900sqft. The house was constructed in 1955. The panel was replaced by the previous owner. (By a professional electrician) I was a professional Lowvoltage (DataComm) installer for quite some time, so I have experience fishing wires. ...

Outlet in Bathroom over vanity... [ 5 Answers ]

Hello everyone - I am adding a linen closet to my bathroom in a corner where I currently have a GFI outlet. Therefore, this outlet will be covered. I plan on connecting to the load side of the outlet and running some wire through the wall so that I can still easily access an outlet in the...

View more questions Search