Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Crunch97E Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2006, 09:39 PM
    Termination of At Will Employment
    If an at will employee is terminated by their employer for cause and investigation finds that there is no evidence to support the claim, can that employee then sue the employer for wrongful termination given that the employer could not supply evidence to show just cause?
    klmgb Posts: 114, Reputation: 13

Jan 14, 2006, 10:21 PM
    Not being a labor lawyer, normally at will means they can let you go at any time with or without reason, of course there are federal/state laws that may apply to your situation
    Rhondajv Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2006, 11:02 PM
    I am not a lawyer... However,, I was just terminated, I followed policies/procedures, even went to a lawyer==SAD for me after 24 years,, :D... What it really boils down to... What state you live in and the reason for termination... If it was for discrimination of some sort,go to your EEO office... If your short on funds go to your local library and look up the employment laws in your state. You can check your "Legal" system.. you can get free legal advice,, Best of luck to you, :D
    reinsuranc Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Jan 21, 2006, 05:25 PM
    At Will
    I am not a lawyer either. But I thought employment at will means there does not need to be a reason for discharging an employee.

It's not fair, but that's how it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Early probation termination [ 15 Answers ]

When you go in front of the judge to terminate probation early, what questions does he/she ask? What % of people get granted versus denied? Are there any negatives to trying? What if not granted, can you try again? How long? Thanks

Lease Termination in Iowa [ 4 Answers ]

I am currently renting an apartment. There are 11 months left on the lease. I was recently approved for my first mortgage and have a lot hold on a townhome in a new development (yet to be built). If I decide to purchase I have to commit by signing a purchase agreement in October. Still have the...

Termination of At Will Employment [ 1 Answers ]

If an at will employee is terminated by their employer for cause and investigation finds that there is no evidence to support the claim, can that employee then sue the employer for wrongful termination given that the employer could not supply evidence to show just cause?

Probation Termination [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to apply for early termination for probation, is there a form or do I just write the judge

View more questions Search