Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetkendra Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Jan 30, 2008, 07:08 PM
    Switching Windows
    Has anyone switched a system from like a Windows 2000 to a Windows XP? How would you go about doing this? Or lets say I have a Vista basic Hom edition and I want XP, how would I go about doing this. Any help is appreciated.
    Geoman2222 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 09:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetkendra
    Has anyone switched a system from like a Windows 2000 to a Windows XP? How would you go about doing this? Or lets say I have a Vista basic Hom edition and I want XP, how would I go about doing this. Any help is appreciated.
    Do you want to dual boot a system or just upgrade an operating system?

Jan 31, 2008, 07:13 PM
    No I do not want a dual boot, or would it be wise to have a dual boot? I want to switch from Vista to XP
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 31, 2008, 07:33 PM
    Switching form 200 to XO is diefferent from going back to XP from Vista. You would need to reformat your drive and install a full version of XP on it. You would also need to make sure that you have XP drivers for all your hardware first.

I really don't recommend it if the machine was purchased with Vista. Vista PCs are optimized for Vista and downgrading might make things worse.

Feb 2, 2008, 07:03 PM
    Thanks, this helped me a lot. That is what I wanted to do was switch from vista to XP. But seeing what you have said, I don't think I want to do anything now. I will stick with what I have.

Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Switching from one to another [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a new computer about 7 months ago and it has the new Windows Vista Home Basic. It's okay but I'd rather have my Windows XP back. Is there a simple way to remove the Vista and program XP on my computer?

2w switching to 4x4 [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to switch from 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive high whilst driving or do you have to stop, put the truck in neutral and then put into 4high?? The truck in question is a 2004 F150 fx4 off road Thanks in advance to those of you who answer Clanmac

Switching old sconces for new ones [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I'm back with a new project: I recently purchased new wall sconces for my bathroom. We were able to turn off the original ones with push button switches. The new ones need to be turned on and off with a single pole switch. There is one single pole switch which controls the...

Switching Filetypes [ 2 Answers ]

OK, I understand how switching the extensions works, but does anyone know how to switch say, Forgotten Face.mid to Forgotten Face.mp3 without making my PC think that it's not an audio file? Or even better, a way to get RealPlayer to recognise MIDI as an audio type. Thanks ~Me.

View more questions Search