Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meconfused Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2006, 08:45 PM
    Help Urine Infection
    Hi I have a urine infection (well think that's what it is) it hurts when I pee (at end of pee not whole way thru) I first noticed this on the 1st and went to doctors and got some antibiotics, took them and it got better but just today noticed it seems to have come back. WHAT THE? Should I wait a day or too to see if it goes away by itself or go back to doctors AGAIN ($$$$ I don't have! ) if I wait a day or 2 will that do me much harm?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jan 14, 2006, 09:20 PM
    Drink some cranberry juice until you can get back to see your doctor.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2006, 09:50 PM
    Most doctors and especially pharmisists recommend women to drink pure cranberry juice, not blended with other juices. There are also Cranberry pills but I think you would get better results with the juice. Drink two or three glasses for a couple of days. Are you still taking the antibiotics or are you done?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2006, 07:44 AM
    Infection
    Hi,
    JesusHelper had a good question; did you take all the antibotics?
    If you did, and it has come back, then please go back to the doctor.
    As others have said, Cranberry juice, pure, is the best thing to avoid an infection of this type, but drinking 4 or 5 glasses a day might not "cure it" for now. It will definitely help.
    Sometimes, another type of antibotic might have to be used. I do wish you the best of luck.
    meconfused Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2006, 03:52 PM
    Hi there yes I have finished the tablits, there was 6 I think maybe 7 I was told to take 2 first day then took one a day. Maybe that was too few? It was trimorphin or something like that.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 15, 2006, 05:20 PM
    Maybe you need to go back on the anti biotic, maybe the infection was a little mor stronger than the doctor anticipated, that happens sometimes, when I was a teenager I was very prone to them and sometimes I had to be on an antibiotic longer than a week. I wouldn't worry just call your doctor and tell them what's going on.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 hpt and 3 urine tests [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 2 months late on my period, I have tooken 3 hpt and 3 urine test at the clinic that came back +. I have also tooken 3 blood test that came back -. Is there a possibility that I still can be pregnant and have a - blood test?

Urine smell in downstairs bathroom [ 2 Answers ]

WE have a bathroom downstairs that has a strong urine smell coming from the shower , either under the shower or in the drain. What can I do about this to figure out why this is happening? Val

Inapropriate urine [ 2 Answers ]

I have a doxie puppy who urinates when she is excited. I previously had a adult female who did the same. Yet my sister's male does not do this. By excited I mean when someone comes over who she likes or when I am trying to pick her up but she thinks she is in trouble. Is this a problem with just...

Strong urine smell (new house) [ 5 Answers ]

I have a new home that was built in 2002/2003. For the past year, there is a strong musty/urine smell in the guest bathroom. This bathroom is used regularly. It is also very clean. The only thing that I can figure is that it is right next to where the lift station is buried. Could this be...

View more questions Search