Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dolittlefarm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Old porter cable ride on lawn mower
    I have an old porter cable ride on lawn mower
    It is green & white. I would like to restore it. I am trying to find any info on it and not having much luck. Could any one tell me of any web sites or info where I could find parts that are missing.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2008, 05:06 PM
    Have you tried portercable.com?
    dolittlefarm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 05:39 PM
    Yes I sent an email to them.. but it is now delta tool
    Michaels Manor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2009, 02:00 PM
    There are 2 magazines that can be of help to you . They are
    Michaels Manor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2009, 02:07 PM
    There are 2 magazines. 1. Gas Engine magazine phone# 717-392-0733 2. Antique Power Magazine phone 888-760-8108. In the classifieds you might find help for your needed parts. Also check antique engine shows in your area. Such as Pageant of Steam at Canandaigua NY or Zelinople PA. Porter Cable machines were made here in Syracuse NY, I have several pieces of literature that I could copy for you if interested.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jan 20, 2009, 08:17 PM

Hi,
    Never heard of it, but I did a bit of research. Had to do that before for machines I restored in the "off" months. Was not allowed to do it in the busy months!
    Yes, they made one; in fact at least a couple, a rear engine rider and a tractor. Photos:
    Peace,
    Clarke
    Attached Images

cordill Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2009, 03:09 PM
    I have one of the riding mowers, ended up calling the following: Jarmon in MI; 586 463 5556 . He has much info on these old Porter Cable mowers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Drive cable on Troybilt self propelled lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 21" 7hp troybilt mower and am trying to replace the drive cable. The old one broke off underneath the deck where it attached to the deck. The problem I have is getting my fat fingers in there to thread the new cable in and hook it up to the bracket on the underside of the deck. Still...

MTD Ride on Mower [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have a MTD ride on mower which came with the house I have just moved into It used to start and run okay, but now it seems to start and once a load is put on it seems to lose power after awhile and stop. Once it cools down it start s okay and the same thing happens again. Now...

Ride on mower replacement engines [ 1 Answers ]

I have a ride on mower with a 13.5hp engine on it. Where can I get a vertical replacement engine that is 32hp or higher with electric start? Need to price one very soon before the engine goes bad I give the engine about 2 weeks to a month

Ride on mower engine problem [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a ride on Snapper mower powered by a 14HP Briggs & Stratton engine. Model 287707, Type 023501 Code 9601084A I can start the engine with the choke engaged and it will run. But when I take it off choke the engine stalls. Do you have any idea what the possible causes could be....

View more questions Search