Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dwalker300 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2006, 03:56 PM
    Prism3d.exe error
    My kids purchase Unlimited Hunting 3 for my birthday, and when I try to run it it comes up with this error, please advise
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2006, 06:43 AM
    Game
    Hi, dwalker,
    After much research on the web for this problem, it could be you need to update your video card, with any updates that you can find on the manufacturer's website.
    You can also go to Start/Search (or Find), then type in PRISM3D.LOG

When you find it, left double click on it to open it, then it should tell you what the error is.

Also, here is a link for more information. I could not find "unlimited hunting 3", but did find "Hunting Unlimiting 3" game.
    http://www.3dgamers.com/games/huntingunlim3/
    If it's the same thing, this site gives the "requirements" for running it.
    I hope this helps, and if it doesn't, please post back, with the name of your video card, and maybe someone can you find the latest update for it.
    nockengost Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2009, 04:18 PM
    I get error prism3d error, how do I fix this?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jan 24, 2009, 06:11 PM

When did you get it? What were you doing?

think about what we might ask next and include all that information is well.

=============
    You could start with the most basic and update all your video card drivers.

Right-Click My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager > Display Adapters

Double click the entries here and find the UPDATE DRIVER options, see if it will install automatically.

If they don't update automatically, search online for the graphic cards listed and find the drivers there, you should be able to get instructions in the same place.
    Software Expert

Jan 25, 2009, 03:05 PM

The only other thing than Graphic card updating I can suggest is:

1. You graphics card (undisclosed) is problematic for this game

2. The game installed itself incorrectly and/or needs updates/patches.

Hunting Unlimited 3 v1.2 Patch for PC Download at GameSpot
    josueflores Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 07:38 PM

I boght 18 wheels of steel pedal to the medal I starde playing and the next day I wanted to play it say prism3d .exe error... I reinstall the drivers for my video card.. I have everything ineed for the game. Help
    Software Expert

Feb 10, 2009, 09:03 PM

The only suggestions I have for this game are already noted above. The internet is full of people complaining about prism3d errors on the various 18 wheels games. That's pretty telling right there.
    abczyxerica Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2012, 05:02 AM
    Here is the real answer for those 18 WoS Games. Microsoft thinks there is a Prism3d Update. Do not listen to them. The only update assoeated with the 18 Wos games is the updates for the game it's self. Do not waste your time looking for the Prism3d Update because there is not one available. However if you must go looking for the updates to the Prism3d you will have wasted several hours searching and several more to remove viruses from your computer and will end up costing you hundreds if not thousands. Take my warning if you have already downloaded the official game patch then that is all you can do. As for Hunting Unlimited 3 If you have already downloaded the official game patch then there is nothing more you can do. If you must play this game you should make sure your computer is compatible with the game. Your OS needs to be compatible with the game as well. If all else fails then I would suggest buying a new Computer. Hope this information was helpful. P.S. The games that run off Prism3d (Prism3d) is imbeded in the software and is not something that is updatable. The only way to update Prism3d is to update the complete game using an official game patch if one is available. Check the Official game website often for game updates and patches. You never know one could become available tonight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dos error [ 2 Answers ]

I try to install a software but my computer say there is error: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application My computer...

Prism3d not working [ 6 Answers ]

I have the game 18 wheels of steel convoy and it won't start up because prism3d will not start because it can not find the control.def file what do I need to do. "please help"!

Dll error [ 2 Answers ]

When I try to install SP1 for IE6, I get this ie6wzd.exe error-Entry Point Not Found-"The procedure entry point CoInternetGetSession could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dll." I don't know how to make it right so that it will work.:confused:

Dns Error [ 1 Answers ]

Ran Adaware On Xp With Service Pack 2. Quarantined Some 650 Files And Now Have No Internet Connection.seems Like It Should Work Still But Doesn't Until I Restore The Files... help Please. Im Not Very Computer Iliterate. Thanks.

DNS Error [ 2 Answers ]

Cannot go to www.livejournal.com on this computer but can go to it on the computer that is networked upstairs. Why is this? And how can I fix it. This comes up http://search.ninemsn.com.au/dnserror.aspx?FORM=DNSAS&q=www.livejournal.com and I click on the link to the same website from their and then...

View more questions Search