Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sydneycj Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Smoke smell in your house
    How can I get the cigarette smell out of my house? Is there not some kind of chemical substance I can use on my walls? I know that when people have lived in an apartment where they have smoked there is something they use to clear out the smell before they let someone else move in.:eek:
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2008, 11:49 AM
    Normally, painting the walls will seal in the odor, that is all most apartments do anyway.

It is the carpet, and or drapes that will trap and hold the odor more than the walls. Shampoo the carpet if there is any, and wash/dry clean the drapes.

That should help a great deal.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Feb 1, 2008, 11:54 AM
    Actually, walls and fixtures in a building will hold cigarette smoke, especially the smell.

The only solution I've ever heard of that worked really well was an Ozone machine. Renting them isn't really very cheap, but it DOES work.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2008, 07:04 PM
    Sydneycj & Synnen - go to sams club,if you have one,or to Walmart. Get you a gal. jug of ( Order Ban) it is concentrated, a cup of it mixed in with your cleaner water in the carpet cleaner vwill really help take away the smoke smell. I'ts not expensive, What WE used to use was what was called ( LESTOIL). And it really worked wonders . I agree with what Progunr said in his answer , Good answer -Progunr. ;;;Good luck & GOD BLESS>:F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewer smell in house [ 3 Answers ]

We have had a sewer smell in the house for a couple weeks which is getting worse. The smell is not coming directly from any toilet or sink drain. The smell comes and goes. It can be very strong or weak. The basement will smell, and then the smell will work it's way through the walls (the return...

Water under the house and smell [ 1 Answers ]

Can the soil being too hard create drainage problems, e.g. water under the house?

Smelling smoke in the house [ 1 Answers ]

This is the second season using our Kozy pellet stove. First season and the first month of this season, it worked great, but now we are smelling smoke when we use it. My guess is a loose pipe or connection somewhere in the venting system, but I'm curious as to why it would starting smelling now. ...

Fireplace smoke smell [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I started a fire in the fireplace and now the whole house smells of fire wood smoke.. the flue was open.. and I didn't see the smoke coming in but noweverything smells, my coats, my furniture even my laptop case... What can I do to help get rid of the smell... Its like I live in a log...

View more questions Search