Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    faithkay1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 09:58 AM
    My Daughter won't speak to me
    My Daughter is 33 years old and as of recent she will not answer her phone, will not return emails I have sent and just yesterday I drove 30 miles to her house and her car was in the driveway but she would not answer her door. She has not talked to me in weeks and we have always been very close this is unbelievably painful and I just don't understand why she can't just tell me if she is upset with me. I have gone over and over in my mind what I could have done to upset her if that is the case and I just don't know. I do know that she has spoken to other people that I work with and she is OK. Does anyone have any advice?
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Jan 30, 2008, 10:10 AM
    How about writing a letter. You can get allot of words out on paper. How's this write her a letter expressing your feelings and send it to her with some flowers saying "I am sorry for what ever I did." It would be hard for her to turn down flowers. Plus she would some how feel bad and read your letter. She might call you or even write you back. I am no professional but I can understand how you feel. Try it. You never know what could happen. My wishes go out to you. Best of luck and please tell me the out come if you go this rout.
    lacuran8626 Posts: 270, Reputation: 57

Jan 30, 2008, 10:17 AM
    It might not even be about you. Maybe she's going through something she's just not ready to share with you. I don't know you at all so please don't be offended if I ask whether there's a possibility you might have done something that has gotten back to her? Did you tell someone something she shared with you in private? Are you dating someone she doesn't like? Do you owe her money? Are you a drinker... did you maybe do something you do not remember?

If you're just the typical loving Mom, and there is truly no rift or reason for her to be upset with you, I think you need to send her something - some flowers or chocolate or whatever - with a note that says, "I love you. I don't understand why you won't speak to me, but if I've hurt you in any way I want to make it right. If something else is hurting you, please come to me. Nothing is too bad for you and I to work through together. Please call me, if only to let me know you are ok, or not ok, or whatever you feel you want to say." or something like that. Just open the door and keep in mind she might just need some time before she can come to you.
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Jan 30, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lacuran8626

note that says, "I love you. I don't understand why you won't speak to me, but if I've hurt you in any way I want to make it right. If something else is hurting you, please come to me. Nothing is too bad for you and I to work through together. Please call me, if only to let me know you are ok, or not ok, or whatever you feel you want to say." or something like that. Just open the door and keep in mind she might just need some time before she can come to you.
    That would be a great note to go with the flowers. It even touched me. Wow nice choice of words.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can we speak to the dead? [ 13 Answers ]

I understand that this physical existence we are in changes when we die. My question is, how do those who pass on hear us and know how we feel? Are they in such a state that they understand all that we experience, or are they so far past this existence, that everything in this one is irrelevant to...

Adult Daughter Won't Speak to me. [ 41 Answers ]

She's 43 and has not liked being around me for years. She seems to be jelous of me being happy. She likes it when I'm completely helpless, like after surgery she took me into her home. She's married has 4 children and lives an afluent life style. My husband and I visit three times a year. They live...

I don't speak in code, can you? [ 3 Answers ]

Someone please help? What is a URL, bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt xls zip? What does this mean? "Automatically parse links in text"

3 YR old do not speak [ 3 Answers ]

HELLO, This is my first post here I have a problem my 3 yr old does not speak,we want to train him but he don't give much importance to our words,though his hearing powers are excellent,he sometimes utter2-3 words of his own choice, We are in foreign country and have very few friends here,so...

Anyone speak Latin? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there! Anyone speak latin (late latin similar to what was spoken during the middle ages)? I'm in need of a simple translation from "Master Archer" from english to latin. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

View more questions Search