Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    byersdad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 09:34 AM
    Trucking jobs for felons
    I'm a resent grad from trucking school with a 7 year old felony I've applied to all of the major carriers with no results and the school is no help, were can I go now
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2008, 09:38 AM
    Circulate in your immediate area: all the towns in your county and neighboring counties. There are small trucking companies every where. If you are in an area with a chamber of commerce, go by there; it should give you a list of members. Also, check the yellow pages. Even if you aren't driving yet, you need a consistent work record because the trucking companies are going to verify your employment.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2008, 09:40 AM
    Try the smaller mom and pop companies.
    Freightliner Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 4, 2008, 01:21 PM
    I am a felon that moved from another state. After being out for only one year, I landed a local job driving dump trucks. One year later I graduated to 18 wheels with a local sod company. I relocated to Texas 10 months ago andhave been running all 48 states every since. Build a work base before trying to hit the road. Some recent work history really helps. Remember, sometimes you have to crawl before you run the road!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 4, 2008, 03:11 PM
    Yes, even great applicants don't always get on major firms to start, you start with local firms, wrecker companies, dump trucks, concrete trucks. And from that you work up

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trucking Companies for felons [ 4 Answers ]

I'm not sure if someone has answered this question or not somewhere else, but I would like to know what truck driving companies will hire you if you have a felony. I have 2 felonies, one in 99 for possession of a controlled substance and one in 04 for robbery. I just currently graduated from truck...

Jobs for released felons [ 14 Answers ]

I want to know if there is money available for a start up company to match felons recently released with employers who are willing to employ them... they cannot get jobs, particularly after 911

Know any Trucking Companies that hire felons? [ 14 Answers ]

I keep hearing there are truck driving jibs for ex-cons but where are they?

Trucking Jobs for Felons [ 19 Answers ]

I need to know if there are any trucking companies that will hire a felon? (I have my CDL with all endorsements except HazMat. Recently graduated from an 18 week Truck Driving School)

Jobs for felons [ 14 Answers ]

I am trying to help a young fellow, who do to an addiction stole a car and now is a convicted felon. He is clean and is looking to get back into society. Where do we steer this young man?

View more questions Search