Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2008, 07:40 PM
    A bumping noise that sounds like it is coming from the gas tank.
    I have 2000 GMC half ton coupe Seria. For several months now I have had a bumping noise that seems to originate from the gas tank area. I have taken it to two shops and each time they have said they did not hear any thing. Well that is very possible because sometimes it will go for a week without a noise and then be very noisy the next day. One idea I got that it was dryness between the springs, and we do drive on a lot of country roads that produce lots of dust.
    So if one of the experts have had this complaint before I would appreciate the help.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2008, 08:31 PM
    Put it up on a lift and look around for anything unusual. It might even turn out to be a rubber mount for the exhaust has come loose.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1994 ford f150 won't switch to front gas tank from rear tank [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 1994 ford f150 xl 4.9 straight v6 with dual gas tanks. When I try to switch over to the front tank from the rear tank the truck stalls out and won't start. Why is this and how can I fix this problem? <PS> even if I switch over before I even try starting the engine the truck still...

Gurgling sounds in hot water tank [ 2 Answers ]

My 50 Gal. Hot water tank is 4 years old. It started making a gurgling sound when water is used in the house. It doesn't matter if it is hot or cold being used. The dip tube was not broken. I drained it to change the tube, and no sediment seemed to come out of the tank. All of this seems to...

Noise coming from oil tank [ 2 Answers ]

When my oil furnace starts up I'm hearing a whistle like sound coming from the oil tank. The noise continues until the furnace stops. It seems to coming from the fill gage area. The furnace runs OK just has this annoying sound. Could there be a blockage in the vent system? Thanks

What's that noise coming from my sink? [ 4 Answers ]

When I turn the hot water on full I hear a loud rumbling sound coming from the faucet/plumbing. Any idea what it is or how I can fix it?

Spitting noise coming from A/C when it comes on [ 7 Answers ]

I just bought a new house and My A/C unit which is a Goodman unit is making a spitting noise while it is running. I had my Heating and A/C company look at it and they said there is nothing that they can do about it and that it is normal. They said that the noise is made by the freon spitting...

View more questions Search