Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetkendra Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Jan 29, 2008, 06:53 PM
    Switching from one to another
    I bought a new computer about 7 months ago and it has the new Windows Vista Home Basic. It's okay but I'd rather have my Windows XP back. Is there a simple way to remove the Vista and program XP on my computer?
    Snow_death Posts: 43, Reputation: 0

Jan 31, 2008, 10:46 AM
    You're going to have to remove Vista or dual boot. This is going to be a job for a computer repair company. You will have to reinstall drivers, and software. You may try contacting your manufacture (Dell, Hp, Gateway... ) and see if they have a Windows XP restore disk (you may have to buy it)
    sweetkendra Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Jan 31, 2008, 06:53 PM
    Have you or anyone you know done this before?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2008, 06:47 PM
    After I got Vista, and MANY programs(Security/Important ) programs wouldn't work, had to buy a an XP to Run them. Then in the same week(seems like) Bill Gates retired, Xp was no longer supported. I hope if Microsoft gave up on XP, they will allow someone else to provide Support.
    On at least one system in particular, Honeywells program(s) will not work with Vista.
    Compatibility Wizard NEVER works. Wish someone would tell me why they did this to their Customers?
    Our local computer stores no longer carry XP. I might would try Ebay for a cheap?Computer? If the program is no longer available. Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2w switching to 4x4 [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to switch from 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive high whilst driving or do you have to stop, put the truck in neutral and then put into 4high?? The truck in question is a 2004 F150 fx4 off road Thanks in advance to those of you who answer Clanmac

Switching old sconces for new ones [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I'm back with a new project: I recently purchased new wall sconces for my bathroom. We were able to turn off the original ones with push button switches. The new ones need to be turned on and off with a single pole switch. There is one single pole switch which controls the...

Switching Medication [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was using the acne medication Differen. I know that it takes serval months for Differen to take full effect. I used it for about 3 months, it worked wonders! Just yesterday, I switched to a new medication, Tretinoin. I'm wondering will I have to wait months for this medication to...

Switching Filetypes [ 2 Answers ]

OK, I understand how switching the extensions works, but does anyone know how to switch say, Forgotten Face.mid to Forgotten Face.mp3 without making my PC think that it's not an audio file? Or even better, a way to get RealPlayer to recognise MIDI as an audio type. Thanks ~Me.

View more questions Search