Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    traceyvanessa35 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 02:47 PM
    Can you pruchase a residence through contract of sale during bankruptcy
    Looking to purchase double wide trailer and land from friend through contract of sale. Have been in bankruptcy for 1 1/2 years and wanting to forfit current home to mortgage company. Have money in 401k that could be borrowed for downpayment and land but not sure what the bk laws are with that. Any suggestions?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2008, 03:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyvanessa35
    looking to purchase double wide trailer and land from friend through contract of sale. Have been in bankruptcy for 1 1/2 years and wanting to forfit current home to mortgage company. have money in 401k that could be borrowed for downpayment and land but not sure what the bk laws are with that. any suggestions?

I don't understand what you mean by being in bankruptcy for 1-1/2 years. Were you adjudicated bankrupt? If so you can do anything you want.

If not, no, you can't.

I would ask your bankruptcy Attorney before you do something that could set your bankruptcy aside if it's still an open matter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sale of Contract [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal to reassign a sale of contract to someone else for a profit?

DC Tenant law/Sale of residence [ 4 Answers ]

My landlords have sold the residence in which I live and have asked me to leave. My lease is up although we had a verbal agreement when I moved in that the lease would be extended. I have now found my apartment listed on craigslist for rent at $500 more per month than I am paying. I was not...

Contract to Deed sale [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, I am hoping to get some guidance. I have just put my home on the market to sell here in Florida. A man contacted me about it and said he purchases homes via Contract to Deed. He sent me an email describing what happens, came by and looked at the home and said that he would want to make...

Contract for deed sale gone bad [ 7 Answers ]

Home seller found a buyer who could not qualify for purchasing at the time he moved in to the house but believed he could either come up with the money needed to buy the home or qualify for a loan within one year. So, the buyer signed a promissory note for the full price of the home, less a down...

View more questions Search