Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rtslightningfab Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 01:41 PM
    Wire Motor for 220 outlet Power from 110 power
    I need to wire this sander for 220 power and do not understand the diagram well enough.

Currently I believe it is wired for 110 shown in picture.

Please advise about correct wiring for 220.

Thank you

2 attachments
    Attached Images

Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2008, 01:56 PM
    Looks like 220 right now.
    Looks like for 110, red and yellow would tie together, then connect to one of the blues.
    Brown and white would connect to other blue.
    Easy way to visualize this is red, brown, yellow, and white at the top are the 4 wires from the motor.
    Ground shows a little line below circle. The line side(power connections)also have a very small line under the 2 circles. Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

220 range, 110 outlet [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently acquired a range that has 220 plug - the breaker box shows a double 30 amp - can I assume that that is for a range or can I convert a 110 outlet to a 220 or are there ranges that are 110. Help!

110 v outlet off a 220 while maintaining 220v for a water pump [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 10-2 with ground 220 line to a water pump with no access to a 110 circuit. I need to install a 110 circuit to run a lights in the pumphouse. Can I do this by using a 1 hot lead and the ground wire as neutral to get the 110 power and then pound a ground stake in and connect the 110 ground...

Converting 2 wire 220 to 110 [ 2 Answers ]

Howdy, The place I am currently living in (a duplex) had a 220 volt outlet for a large window air conditioner. The circuit was removed from the panel when the place was upgraded to central air. I would like to convert the outlet from 220 single receptacle to 110 duplex receptacle. The...

Change 220 motor to 110 [ 6 Answers ]

After I have changed the motor per the diagram on the motor do I have to change the way the cord(plug in) is attached to the motor in any way? Can I just change the plug in to adapt to a 110 outlet?

Changing motor from 220 to 110 [ 3 Answers ]

I have an old Sears radial arm saw that I changed to run on 220V from 110V some time ago. I am now in a situation where I don't have easy access to 220V and need to change it back to 110V, but I can't find my manual. I see where the wires connect to the switch, but I don't see where I can move...

View more questions Search