Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joju11 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2004, 06:30 AM
    Hampton Bay remote
    Just installed a new fan w/ remote, lights ,upper and lower dim and brighten well with remote however fan does not operate at all. Wires from ceiling outlet are black, white, red and ground green. Instructions from mfg. show no connection for the red wire. I've tried it with the black and have power to lights constant, still no fan and leaving it (red) loose, lights function properly no fan. I suspect a bad transmitter, any suggestions??
    viking Posts: 131, Reputation: 7

May 28, 2004, 07:25 AM
    Hampton Bay remote
    Does the fan opertate without the remote?
    joju11 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2004, 02:17 PM
    Re: Hampton Bay remote
    Thanks for your reply.
    I've connected the fan directly to outlet wires blk to blk and what to what. No fan. What now?
    Skeeterzirra Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2004, 10:35 AM
    Re: Hampton Bay remote
    I have just installed two Hampton Bay remote controls on two fans made by another manufacturer. The receiver to the remote control had two ac wires (1 black- 1 white) and three fan wires ( 1 black, 1 white for the fan, and 1 striped black & white wire for the lights). Some of the problems that I ran into while getting them to work were:

- a fan that only worked at a very slow speed, caused by the fan's own speed control set to slow, so that the remote would control to slow, very slow, and very very slow. (in your case, the fan control could be off)

- a short in the wiring from squashed wires shorting to the ceiling box

- a mis-wired pair of three way switches

- remotes that operated fans in other parts of the house caused by wrong dip switch setting (two other Hampton Bay fans)

- fans that operated with a mind of it's own caused by my having hit the wrong button in the dark and accidentally set a timer function.

- a remote that did not work at all because the antenna to the receiver was shielded.

Hopefully, one of these may trigger some things to check. I now have everything running and am happy, very happy with the results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

Hampton Bay Remote [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: can anyone tell me how to program the TV control on the Hampton Bay Universal Remote Control Model UR 8050T? The instructions stayed with the ex-wife.

Don't want to use remote-Hampton Bay fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have installed a new Hampton Bay fan that has a remote- I prefer using my dimmers on my wall switch- one for fan, one for lights- but Hampton Bay Help Desk said I can't do that- I must use the remote! Is there any way to get around the remote? We can hook up the fan so it works on ONE wall...

Remote on Hampton Bay fan [ 1 Answers ]

The control on my Hampton Bay fan is not working properly. I have changed the batteries, but this is not the problem. If I buy a new remote, how can I make it compatible with this fan? Any hints?

View more questions Search