Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    quikstar Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2006, 11:12 PM
    I need help with game aggresiveness
    Hey. I'm a student in junior high ballin on two teams, community and school. My community team says I'm doing well but the junior team says I isn't aggressive. Can sm1 please give me some tips on being more aggressive, physical, and proactive. They're hating on me as if that game we lost by one point the other day was my fault. Please could smone give me a hand.
    Thanks
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 13, 2006, 11:52 PM
    Since this was under Introductions, hi and welcome to the forum. Hope that you will get the answers you seek from someone who's into sports, but that's not my league (ha ha)... Have you perhaps thought of not so much sports, so that you might be able to concentrate on some that you're sure you'll excel in? It sounds like you're doing too much sports and not enough education, which will not get you very far. Aggression like that usually needs to be inside already, and hard to learn, but I could be wrong. Wish you all the best, and belated Happy New Year!

P.S. have you talked to your couch (sp)?

Taking on too much can really wear you out...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 14, 2006, 05:11 PM
    Welcome
    Hello and welcome.

Being aggressive is a lot with our personality, in general either we are, or we are not.

What they are saying, is that they want you to play harder, not be as afriad to foul someone as much and really push yourself. Show dislike for the other team, not trying to play for fun, but playing as if someone's life depended on it.

That is the difference between community sports and school sports, one is for fun and enjoyment, the other is to WIN, JR HIGH and High school sports is not about fun, enjoyment but winning, and winning at all costs.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2006, 07:07 PM
    Also it has to do with the fact that your school team lost!

They are looking for someone to blame the loss on.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 20, 2006, 01:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainForest
    Also it has to do with the fact that your school team lost!

They are looking for someone to blame the loss on.
    Again, a scapegoat is always needed - too bad, but true.

Jan 20, 2006, 10:02 PM
    Thanks I really appreciate all the advice
    And am doing my best to keep up with other activities besides sports including schooling but I was just wondering if there was something I should focus or concentrate on to be the best I can be. When people see my height they expect a lot more and more than disappointing them I don't want to disappoint myself.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 21, 2006, 10:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by quikstar
    thanks I really appreciate all the advice
    And am doing my best to keep up with other activities besides sports including schooling but I was just wondering if there was something I should focus or concentrate on to be the best I can be. When people see my height they expect a lot more and more than disappointing them I don't want to disappoint myself.
    Here are a few quotes I think apply right now. Stereotyping is easy for a lot of people. When most see tall people, they expect them to be basketball palyers by birth - but it's not so. Maybe you just have not found what you really want to do yet, and please don't worry about what others expect of you. Again, wish you all the luck in the world and keep us posted.

You've got some preconceived notions in your head, and you need a
    Radical new perspective to get rid of them.

If you're feeling a little bit unable to cope, go easy. Give yourself the pep talk you need, and if that doesn't work, then find a way to pamper yourself until you're ready to make your move.

It's a great time to think about where you came from, where you are, and to start making some tentative movements toward where you want to go. Anything that you don't like now you can change.
    Also, try the light side of life a bit and watch some good comedy, that way you will be able to imagine what you would say about yourself on stage, and if you don't like it, change it, and be true to yourself.

Clo23 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2006, 07:04 AM
    Agressiveness? Ha! Simple, hit the ground a couple times HARD, as such get your feet going, in your stance then have someone blow a whistle and hit the ground, do it again and again and again until you are comfortable hitting the ground, also find someone.. maybe your coach is willing to help but find someone to roll the ball down the court and you dive after it, and do not be afraid to get physical in basketball. It is a very physical sport, and you need to do what the coach tells you to. It may not have been your fault you guys lost, but fix it, if you think it is! Get in where the ball is, everywhere the ball is, you should be, when your teamates are struggling for the ball down under the hoop get into it! Help them! Don't just go all soft and lazy, get in there and BE Aggressive, I guarantee you will feel a lot better about your game.

Feb 1, 2006, 06:58 PM
    Thanks once again for all the tips.
    I'm finding myself more confident in a variety of ways.
    Anymore tips?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Poker Game in KY [ 5 Answers ]

I currently run a private social poker league which, in my interpretation of KY law is legal as I do not profit or advance other than in the capacity of a player. (see .010: http://www.lrc.ky.gov/KRS/528-00/CHAPTER.HTM) However, I do have cost for supplies and the such to run my games, in which I...

Need help in certain areas of my game. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 6''2 15 year old 157 pound SF/PF/C sophomore. I have a great post up game, just about no one can stop me when I get the ball down low. I have a great shot that can hit the 3 if needed. I'm a good defended who keeps players away from the hoop and gets a steal here and there. But here is...

I need help with game aggresiveness [ 4 Answers ]

Hey. I'm a gr 9 playing on an all gr 9 team. I play community ball as well. Community team is doing well, they say I'm doing good on post. My school 9 team is saying that I isn't aggressive. Its only one game in and they're acting likes its all my fault we lost. But I want to be more aggressive,...

Game help [ 3 Answers ]

I have this nascar sim racing game I play all the time, now I'm get something that say's the following. We have encountered a problem with sim racing, and it must be shut down. Thank you [email protected]

Booted out of PC Game [ 2 Answers ]

OK Here is the problem. I play Porsche 2000 when I am online and when I have played it once, it's fine. On the second go I am midway when suddenly my machine decides to kick me out completely and start rebooting. I have played games offline too and the problem still happens sometimes. I...

View more questions Search