Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rickbee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 11:49 AM
    Goodman gmp075-4 problems
    Problems with My goodman gmp075-4 furnace. The blower motor runs regardless of thermostat controls. The induction motor doesn't come on, unless
    The limit switch is unhooked... then she spins like a champ. I removed the induction assembly and cleaned it all out, including the flue. The trouble code
    Flashes consistently, for ïncorrect twinning"ÏNCORRECT PRIMARYPOLARITY". With the recommended check reverse transformer secondary leads reverse primary wires, according to the guide on the cover. Any ideas? I switched the leads on the transformer to no avail. The fuse is OK. It does get cold here in Florida!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 29, 2008, 04:52 PM
    Check the polarity of the incoming voltage 120 volts to the unit at the disconnect near the furnace or inside the furnace itself. White should be neutral and black hot leg.

It is also important to check all the ground connections from the main electric panel to the furnace and the grounds made up inside the furnace where they are tied together and where they are landed under a screw head.

Loosen the ground connections and re tighten in all areas especially under the ground screw heads.

NOTE I am talking about the real ground wires not the white neutral wires.

For some reason the limit switch is holding the furnace off.
    Test the limit by removing the wires and seeing if it is open.
    If it is cool and closed the limit could be defective. They are supposed to be hot as in high temperature when closed and open when cool.
    tsa7man Posts: 154, Reputation: 9

Jan 29, 2008, 04:55 PM
    If you have a volt meter you must start at the primary 115 voltage feed to the furnace FIRST to be sure that the black (hot) is really the hot lead. Check from the white (neutral) to the ground (green)... you should NOT have 115 between those two wires. And the black feed is connected to the furnace black (Hot) lead. The question here is what has changed to cause this problem? If you are NOT comfortable performing these tests, contact your local HVAC contractor, there may be further issues here. Post back your findings...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace problems [ 21 Answers ]

Hi - I have a Goodman GPM furnace. It works intermittently. I replaced breaker, thermostat, Control board and surface igniter. All appears well on start up sequence ; blower runs and igniter heats up and then turns off as no gas comes out. Control board codes says OK. Can anybody recommend what to...

Goodman problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a goodman furnace I have replaced the flame sensor the heat exchanger was also replaced and still having the same problems it acts like to wants to start but will not start the blower will start but the flame sensor will not start up please help.

Goodman heating unit problems [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Goodman :( heating unit in the house that I moved into model GPM100-4. When the exhaust fan comes on to clear out the system before the unit will fire up. It makes a clicking sound. I have learned that it's trying to pull a vacuum from the exhaust fan to a safety switch. If I suck...

View more questions Search