Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikkimiddleton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 11:42 AM
    Liquor license
    I want to open a bed and breakfast. Being that it is a private home business offering hospitality, can I give complimentary drinks, without a liquor license?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2008, 03:26 AM
    Even if your Bed and Breakfast is located in a private residence, it would be best to be checking with the city or county officials where it will be located concerning this. The laws are going to vary depending on where it is located. Since offering drinks containing alcohol while operating as a business, then I am sure that there are also going to be some insurance issues.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2008, 03:45 AM
    Hello n:

You're not really "giving" away the liquor, because the people are paying to stay there. Therefore, you're going to need a liquor license.

Now, if you just had a drink with one of your guests, that's a different matter. But if you advertise "complimentary drinks", or you do it as a regular thing, you're going to need a license.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Liquor license [ 6 Answers ]

Not sure where I should ask this. If I have a club or some private paid for membership organization, do I need a liquor license to give away beer or alcohol. Or any kind of special permit? What if I didn't provide the alcohol, but allowed it to be brought in BYOB style? Thank you in advance for...

Does Liquor go bad? [ 6 Answers ]

I was always under the impression that liquor does not go bad... the older the better. What's the real truth? I gave a friend some irish whiskey that I had laying around for about ten years and he said it was watery.

Want to open Liquor store [ 7 Answers ]

I want to know what the procedure to opening a liquor store would be. About getting the license how long it takes anything and everything... Can anyone please give me an insight on starting my own business and opening a liquor store... Thank you

Liquor bottle [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 40th Anniv. 1944-1984 Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey (80 Proof) never been opened. Got it as a gift in the early 80's. It still has the paper seal on the cap. I don't drink whiskey and have toted this around with many military moves. I have to wonder is the product any good...

UK drivers license to US license (but with conviction) [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in the UK and I recently crashed my dad's car (without a license nor insurance). I am going to get my full license soon, but the motoring department in the UK have said that I WILL have a conviction on it (obvisouly, for crashing, driving without license/insurance, seatbelts, etc). I am...

View more questions Search