Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sexy725 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 10:10 AM
    What would happen if I left my children with my husband to to fear for my safety?
    My husband and his family have made threats about me taking our 5 children. We are in the middle of a very nasty separation. I want to work out the problems for the children my husband doesn't. I don't want to put the children in a bad situation because there father and I can't be civil. The last altercaton my ex and I had was 2 nights ago. I wound up I was trying to lock myself in my room(we sleep in separate quarters) and he kicked the door in hitting me. I have friends and family willing to help me in Ocala,Fl. But, I have no way to take my children nor the immediate help with the children. I want to know what would be the worst case to least case scenerio would happen if I leave my children with their father. I would only leave because I am concerned for my safety. I'm not concerned that their father would hurt the children- I'm just not sure that he won't hurt me again.
    Gotwheels Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Jan 29, 2008, 10:35 AM
    First off, abuse is abuse. People don't change because the other person wants them to change. He or she may and probably does apologize for the slap, punch, kick and or humiliation, but it will must likely happen again. As far as leaving the kids with him, well one day he may take it out on them. Right now you are the punching bag, if your not there can you guarantee he won't start abusing them. Social service, cops should be called and get a PFA (protection from abuse) and get assistance from an agency that handles situations like these. Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself and don't back down once you start it. Good Luck
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 29, 2008, 10:47 AM
    What would be better is for you to report him for abuse and take out an order of protection against him, forcing him out of the house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband left, what do I do? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband left me 2 months ago, not only did he leave me but he left 6 children as well. We have been married for 20 years and I don't know what to do? I live at home with 4 of the children because my 2 oldest daughters are in college and I'm helpless. I don't have a job and I just got a permit to...

Safety of my children [ 5 Answers ]

I have a situation, The biological father of my children hasn't had any contact with them in 5 years. Now he is taking me to court because he wants visitations. But he pays child support and has been paying for 4 years. What would be your opinion do I have a fighting chance at winning so he doesn't...

What would happen if I divorce my husband? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is locked up for domestic reasons. We have two kids and a house. All the responsibility was left up to me. I want to divorce him and sell my house and move away. He left me so many bills and back taxes. I don't want anything extra from him I just want what's due to us. It's not fair that...

My husband has gone manic, his family wants me to have him committed for my own safety [ 1 Answers ]

I'm going to try to make a really long story short so please bare with me. My husband is 39 yrs old and has a history of drug abuse although he's been living clean and sober (for the most part) for the past 12 yrs (he had 4 months clean when we first met). He was diagnosed with Depression and...

Help Husband left AGAIN [ 13 Answers ]

A quick summary, I have been together with this man 7 yrs... married 3 yrs next month.. We separated 4 months ago, we just went back together on Easter Sunday, well last night he left again. While we where separated he dated a women 3 times and then had sex with her, he told me this a week after he...

View more questions Search