Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Boxer29 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 09:13 AM
    Boxer pup sick on performatrin natural lamb and rice?
    My 9mo boxer pup is on performatrin natural lamb & rice. But she is getting sick almost daily on this and is showing some signs of acne. Could she have some food allergy to some ingredient in this food. We only allow her a cup at a time with water and still she gets sick? The breeder we bought our pup from has used this feed for yrs and breeds and shows boxers and has never had a problem. What should we do?? Anyone out there with any possible suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2008, 05:23 AM
    Boxer, what do you mean by "getting sick almost daily"? Is she vomiting daily? If you haven't already done so, it is time to make an appointment with your vet. Boxers have a tendency toward allergies. Before completely getting on that rollercoaster of testing different foods that you think she might do okay with, she needs a complete health check from a vet. If a dog is chronically vomiting, there may be more of an issue than simply assuming she needs a diet change. If the vet gives your dog a clean bill of health, speak with him/her about foods made specifically for a boxer's needs. There are a number of good chows out there and your vet should be aware of them.
    Boxer29 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 01:39 PM
    Hi Ruby Pitbull, thanks for your response... I was at my wits end as my boxer pup was getting sick on a regular basis, sometimes everyday for a while then she would be OK for a day or two then she would get sick again. All we have her on is performatrin lamb & rice. No other treats. We have a great friend who is our vet who suggested instead of putting out 2 cups at a time put out only a cup at a time... and to make sure she lies down after eating and drinking... as sometimes she likes to run about and this may be contributing to the vomiting... as well we have to limit the amount of water she drinks at one time as she will drink the whole bowl if we let her... this so far is working. We have to keep an eye out for her and settle her down often... she is a boxer and they are known to be very hypour dogs. We do like the food she is on as there doesn't appear to be anything she can be allergic to as it really is all natural and one of the easiest foods to digest. Our vet has suggested keeping her on performatrin as it is a great dog food for a while yet and see what changes occur and she seems to be doing OK again. Thank-God!
    Thanks again for your response.
    MorkieMindy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2009, 06:46 AM
    I have a Morkie, she is 4 years old. I have been feeding her the Performatrin Natural Lamb and Rice since she been a pup. I just opened a new bag of food on Wednesday. Since then she has been up all night needing to go outside with the squirts.
    Because she is a smaller dog, I never buy a big bag of food at a time, with her being a smaller dog, I always get the sample size so the food should not go bad. I think I just got a bad bag of food.
    I bought a new bag of food, so we shall see tonight if she has the squirts again. She needed to go out every hour on the hour. I hope to get some sleep tonight. I will keep you informed.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2009, 06:56 AM

Morkie, it is important to remember to check the dates at the top of threads, this one is from January last year... I sincerely hope that they have the problem sorted by now.

If you wish to post a question about your dog then click on the "Ask about Dogs" button at the top of the page.

However if you suspect that you have gotten a bad batch of food then you need to contact the company and advise them of your situation, there may be a problem with that particular batch.
    Or it may just be that your dog eat something it shouldn't have or picked up worms or a virus.
    If diarreah lasts for more than 2 days of it is coupled with other symptoms then you must get to a vet asap.
    boxerfreind Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2009, 05:05 PM
    Duh the answer is right there boxers should not eat wheat or cor as this may cause in vomitting diaria and constapation as told by my vet an the breeder
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2009, 08:14 PM

thread closed.

Seriously.
    Check. The. Dates.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why does White Rice Cost Less than Brown Rice? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, Everyone, I have been consuming brown rice for years, but today, while discussing the differences between brown rice and white rice with my girlfriend, she asked me why white rice would cost less if it requires so much more energy to process it (by process, I mean milling it, polishing it,...

Dogs terrified, when lamb is being barbequed [ 25 Answers ]

My dog Max 11, a terrier mix runs around barking in a state of panic when he gets a whiff of lamb being barbequed. It's the same behaviour he exibits when thunder occurs. We got Max from the pound when he was about 8 months old, the pound figured he had been lost and on his own for at least 2...

8wk inoculated Pup sick, is it injury or illness? [ 3 Answers ]

Rottie Pup getting bonier and weaker but skin still loose enough not to be dehydrated, very hungry and thirsty, eats greedily, vomits easily, coughs when drinking water, rests a lot, when picked up, throws head back and remains very limp, does come when called, does eat and drink, does try to play,...

Sick pup [ 3 Answers ]

I adopted a puppy from the shelter Monday, her first vet visit was that same day. He said she had Coccidia and possibly worms and gave meds. She started having diarreah vomiting fever and listlessness the next day. We rushed her back and they said possibly Parvo. Hey kept her in hosp. over night on...

Crowned Rack of Lamb [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone have a great recipe for a Crowned Rack of Lamb? Want to cook this for hubby on Father's Day. Thanks

View more questions Search