Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fnm1214 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2006, 08:30 PM
    Algebra! Help!
    I need help in solving a couple of problems that I am still really stuck with even though I have tried lots of ways of solving it and don't feel that my answers are correct. Please help! I want full detail on each problem so that I can understand how to begin and complete the problems.

1. Solve by completing the square: 2t sqrd-3t-8=0

2. Simplify by Factoring: 125a sqrd (this problem is square-rooted)

3. Multiply and Simplify: 6a (square-rooted) 18a (square-rooted)

4. Find an equation of variation in which y varies directly as x, and the following is true: y=650, when x=175

5. The time t required to empty a tank varies inversely as the rate r of pumping. A pump can empty a tank in 90 minutes at the rate of 1200 L/min. How long will it take the pump to empty the tank at the rate of 2000 L/min.

6. Solve by using the principle of zero products: (1/9-3x)(1/5+2x)=0

7. Factor Completely: 2t sqrd+11t+12

Those are the problems that I cannot seem to solve correctly. Please help me! Thanks!
    reinsuranc Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Jan 14, 2006, 01:43 PM
    This was not a "couple of problems." You're not expecting us to do all your homework, are you?

Why don't you show us how far you got on each of them and we can show you where you might have gone wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Algebra help [ 4 Answers ]

I am working on "Multistep Equations" in Algebra 1 and they didn't explain how to solve one of the formulas in my book. Here are a couple of the questions: 9x - 4 = 7x - 10 X = ? 5x - 2 = 3x - 20 X = ? I don't see an easy way to come up with that answer. Can anyone help me find the way...

Algebra II help [ 4 Answers ]

I am stuck on the equations with division like this one 4x+4/2=3(x+2)-2 my brain locks up and I have no idea how to get rid of the fraction and I know that is what I should do first right?? some one please help me Zak:(

Algebra [ 1 Answers ]

Can you please help me with this algebra problem: find points and slope of the following linear equation: (y+1)= -1/2(x-2) I know the slope is -1/2 Are the points (2, -1)??

Please help with Algebra 2 [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone PLEASE help me!!! Algebra 2 is KICKING my BUTT!! I am so stuck on this question it aint even funny. For each point, its distance from the point (4,0) is twice its distance from the line x= -4. (by the way this deals with conics...) THANX TO anyone that helps!!

Algebra [ 1 Answers ]

simplify 1.(x^m+2)(x^-2)(x^m-5)

View more questions Search