Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaitou Posts: 190, Reputation: 43

Jan 28, 2008, 09:42 PM
    How did you meet your significant other?
    Hi everyone,

Haven't posted here for a while now (a long while). I don't really know if this question is about relationship. But I was just wondering how you met your significant other? I just want to hear lovey dovey stories. Was there a instant click? When did you know he/she was the one? And do you still feel like you're falling for him/her all over again?

So please share with us your story, and your success!

Cheers,

Kaitou.
    Delow84 Posts: 309, Reputation: 45

Jan 28, 2008, 09:56 PM
    How I met my ex may be more appropriate in my case. We met in 1999. Back before there was online dating sites and stuff we used AOL. She saw my profile one day and decided to say hi.

So you I was happy some chick just randomly started talking to me and I didn't have to work for her attention lol... So we talked. And talked. And talked. For 4 years we talked online. Never meeting. She was hesitant because her mom was REALLY strict with her then, and she was afraid for some reason if we met it might ruin the friendship we had. (pretty much saying if I was butt ugly she wouldn't want to date me or something) we had each sent each other 1 pic. My freshmen football pic, and a pic of her that I still have to this day (I hope)

Well my senior year (prob the year myself confidence was at an all time high) She messaged me on AOL. I brought up meeting again (and at this point didn't really care either way she was a good friend. So I managed to convince her to call me, she was nervous so I said "call me I wont answer, and you can leave a message, and I will call you" so it was like she wasn't making the first move you know?

so during my 3rd period english class she called. OMG my heart skipped a beat, I think I was day dreaming (as opposed to paying attention in class) and I nearly yelped out loud cause I was so happy. So as soon as class ended I immediately skipped the next class and called her LMAO. Good times good times.

anyway so that got us talking on the phone. We spent hours talking for the first week. Then came meeting time. I picked a pool hall and had her bring her friend and I brought a friend. Told her what id be wearing when she showed up etc. I tried my best to make her feel as comfortable as possible. So me and my friend are smokin cigs outside waiting for them and I see them walk up. Now to be honest, I at first GLANCE thought her friend was much better looking (it WAS dark) but at this point I could never tell you why id EVER think something like that lol. We spent the night hanging out driving around, shooting pool.

This went on for a few days and I was like "so are we gonna be exclusive or are we just'dating'?" she was hesitant on becoming bf/gf kind of thing. So I was like "so then I can date other girls?" (now I wasn't really going to do it, it was more to tease her cause I knew her reaction) and of course I got a big "NO!" lol. So from that day on we spent almost everyday for the next 5 years together until this last October. 9 years total I guess.

To tell you the truth I had dreamt about her before I met her often. Even if we went months no talking. I always felt we would be great together if we could only meet. And I was right. But I guess it just didn't last. :) that's my story, and it is kind of cool remembering it. Made me smile and not the least bit sad. :)

thanks
    AustProd6 Posts: 88, Reputation: 15

Jan 28, 2008, 11:05 PM
    On reflection, All my previous ex'x and my current GF I met at Work.
    Now I manage a Jewellery Store, it's like having a key to a candy store. LOL
    pasiria Posts: 161, Reputation: 29

Jan 28, 2008, 11:55 PM
    My story is different. Upon a problem I created at work, he had to step in to fire my supervisor, but decided to demote him. My supervisor, I'll call Brad had been my best friend since junior high. My boyfriend became my immediate supervisor. He use to pop in to check on me (just doing his job). I hated him, I often cursed him silently. Once I gave him a book because I was afraid he would give me a write up. So, he took it as a gift. Well, I don't know when it happened and why or how I fell in love, but I am now with him and getting married soon. I was not looking for love, but I found it where I had least expected to do so and under bizzar circumstances. I don't have to work anymore. I'm a stay at home girlfriend, enjoying my free time just for a while, because I'm planning children soon. Him and Brad are still enemies. Brad, however was a very incompetent manager and I was just spoiled. I'm glad everything turned out like this.
    kaitou Posts: 190, Reputation: 43

Jan 29, 2008, 06:29 AM
    Aww those stories are cute, I wish I have a story to tell :(
    ihatewestseneca Posts: 325, Reputation: 67

Jan 29, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Met my ex at church. Were friends since middle school then around the end of HS finally built up the nerve to ask her out... She said she had been waiting for quite a while for me to do so... I remember I was so happy I was shaking... Weird how she's now a whore to me *bitterness/sarcasm*

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Significant figures [ 5 Answers ]

In significant figures how is last digit of measiremsnt usually determinde

Significant other adopting my daughter [ 2 Answers ]

I have been living with a man for 9 months who my daughter considers a father figure and calls daddy. He would like to adopt her. Can he do this without us getting married? I have a mental illness, can he also have guardianship of me? My daughters father is deceased. :confused:

Dream of Significant Other and Snakes [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone give me an idea of an interpretation of a dream I recently had. I dreamed that I went into my kitchen and saw a blue lizard with its tail missing on my kitchen counter. I told my significant other and he did not believe me. I was not frightened but I decided to go into my bedroom...

Share what you like about your significant other [ 10 Answers ]

Recently on the site I've seen threads asking people to share what annoys about their spouse, and I realize it's all in fun, but it got me thinking... what do you like about your spouse? What do you really appreciate about them? My husband is tall (lol I like tall men, even though I'm short),...

View more questions Search