Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karmasucks Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2008, 09:12 PM
    Does life always suck?
    This is my first post. I'm kind of feeling awkward about the whole thing but here we go.

Basically the last 3 years has been hell. I just don't know what to do anymore or why I am the way I am. I hate everything about myself, my life, my present situation and my future.

I'm in a program in university that I hate. I feel like I'm going no where in life. I live with my family who all hates me and go out of their way to discourage me with every remark, like I can't ever do anything right or good enough. I'm an outsider within my own home. I've lost an aunt, and 5 friends do to strange accidents in the last 2 years. I broke up with my girlfriend of 3.5 years for absolutely no reason other then I was feeling ty about myself and thought she was to blame. I've had one serious suicide thought but never went through with it. I've been to a psychologist for almost a year and made some progress but now my funds have depleted and have no where to turn. I've currently had my dream of being a FIFA soccer ref destroyed by people who resented me for being better then their favorites. I quit reffing, playing soccer for no apparent reason other then being miserable and not feel the drive to go out. I have a new GF who I met and things have been good but I keep pushing her away. I don't know what's wrong with me. I seem to just self-destruct for no apparent reason. Everything and everyone pisses me off. I just want to die but I'm too big of a to kill myself. I have nothing to contribute to society or my life. I'm a wasted human being. I hate everything about myself. I'm fat, ugly, stupid and lazy. Not a good combo for life. The worst part is I feel like I'm trapped. Like there is nothing I can do to get out of this cycle of self-destruction and the more I try to resist and fight back the worse it gets. This paints the general picture of this thing I call life.

Do things ever get better? What is the point of living a life you hate? How do you fix self hatred?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 09:25 PM
    "Thoughts of ending your own life do not necessarily mean that you truly want to die—they mean, rather, that you have more pain than you can cope with right now. The pain of deep depression is intense. It is too much to bear for long periods of time." Check this:
    If You’re Feeling Suicidal: Advice, Coping Tips, and Help
    You need as many good days as you have bad days, and this can be a reality for you.
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Jan 28, 2008, 09:27 PM
    Well, there is not point in living a life that you hate. That's the point when you decide to change your life into something you like. Do WHATEVER you have to to get your s**t straight and fix yourself. You will go nowhere until you like yourself and are happy. Things do get better, I thought my life was over after I lost my mother to cancer, my grandmother to a heart attack and my sister to drugs within 2 years. I turned to alcohol to fix my problems and it just costed me a few months of my VERY valuable life wasted. You have to realize that you are a wonderful person and what you do matters to the world. There is nothing a therapist can tell you that you don't know deep down in your heart about yourself. Change you college plans, get a haircut, leave your house and live somewhere else. Quit making excuses for yourself and get off your as* and do something about it. Nothing is going to change if you stand still. And no one can help you but you. YOU have to make your decisions, YOU have to lead your life. Only you can change, and that's what you need to do.
    karmasucks Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2008, 10:35 PM
    I don't have the energy or motivation to help myself. I can barely get up in the morning and that's if I get up. You need money to make significant changes and I have spent all mine on university.

I do appreciate the advice I just don't know what I want or how to go about achieving this "nothing" that I want. I have no ambitions or goals. I'm basically just waiting to die and hoping it comes sooner then later.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 11:01 PM
    I think you are in desperate need of seeing the whole picture, not just yourself being miserable. I think you are a good candidate for a 12 Step Program to help you get some inner structure to your life. You are floundering at this point.

There are many different 12 Step Programs available depending on your situation if you live in an urban area... in a University city, you should be able to find a suitable group. All you have to do is find a location and show up and say hi.

ONce you get structure and values into your life, it won't suck anymore.
    jasondbel Posts: 165, Reputation: -6

Jan 29, 2008, 12:44 AM
    Yeah I agree. I say get your fat into Alcoholics Anonymous and start working a 12 step program and mingle with people that have problems a hell of lot worse than you. I'm you seem more spoiled than anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do people suck? [ 12 Answers ]

My sister had her baby at 8:49am it is now 9:35am. This is her 3rd baby and she turned 17 in February... Her first baby shae gave up for adoption her second one she kept and this one she gave up for adoption as well. When people ask me, "Is your sister keeping the baby?" I tell them the truth "No,...

Breakups suck! [ 4 Answers ]

So on Monday the love of my life broke up with me over the phone (how lame! ) He said he did it over the phone because he didn't want me to beg to take him back and that I wouldn't leave his house until he did (which is true) Hes already been liking this other girl for a few weeks and I did know...

Do My Small Business Suck? [ 1 Answers ]

I just started my owned home-based online gift basket business in November of 2006. While I've been monitoring my website success and have had a substantial amount of visitors, I still haven't made any sales via online. I am a quick learner and consider myself to be computer savvy, but I'm a little...

Exgirlfriends suck [ 2 Answers ]

So... My boyfriend and I have been dating for awhile. The problem is is that his ex girlfriend literally lives two doors down from him. They dated for three years but broke up about 9 times throughout all of that. They constantly fought and he's told me that he would always be angry. Now we're...

View more questions Search