Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brenok Posts: 47, Reputation: 6

Jan 28, 2008, 08:42 PM
    Complaint or Petition for Indebtedness - same thing?
    Ok, I didn't get a complaint, I got a "Petition for Indebtedness" I am working on the answer since the summons from the scum sucking attorney for Unifund says I have 35 days to answer and 30 days to request validation.

Paragraph 1 states that I have 30 days to request validation of the claim. So how do I address that paragraph in the written answer if I am just now requesting validation? I can't deny it or admit to that paragraph, so should I admit that I am in the process of requesting it?

Do I mail the validation request before I file the answer? I am so confused!!

Thanks anyone and everyone who has time to help me.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 10:10 PM
    If you are neither admitting nor denying an allegation, one response is: I am without sufficient information to admit or deny the allegations of this paragraph.
    The answer and request to validate sound like two different things. It sounds as though you would mail the validation and file a copy with your answer; be sure to mail a service copy of the answer to the scum sucking attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Petition for judgment [ 2 Answers ]

I received a petition for judgment on a credit card that I had received in 1997 and it was charged off in 2000 and the collection agency who purchased it is suing, but I have not paid anything on the card since 1999 and they are saying I paid something in 2004 which is not correct I told the...

The Petition! [ 26 Answers ]

I really don't have a preference yet as far as for whom to vote, but I did find the following email that I received recently to be funny! I usually don't pass along these "add your name" lists that appear in my email, but this one is too important! This one has been circulating for 6...

View more questions Search