Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tlf_2011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Can I be emancipated before I'm sixteen if the situation is right?
    I was just wondering if I can be emancipated before I'm sixteen, I mean I've heard a lot of things about you HAVE to be sixteen but if the situation is right if that can b changed. I'm 14 and I'll be 15 in March and I've had a really bad life. I've raised myself my entire life and my mom has been an alcoholic my entire life and my dad has never really been around because he worked in another state. In November my brother and I and my mom got in a huge fight and we moved in with my dad. My dad is never home because he's always gone trucking. I've never really been close to my dad and all we do is fight when he is home. I've been dealing with depression for the past three years and I've attempted suicide before. My parents don't know this though. But I honestly feel like the only way I can survive is if I live on my own. If I stay here I honestly think that I will commit suicide.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 28, 2008, 05:24 PM
    Contact social services and see if chlid protection may be of help.

And in the aspect of 60 or 70 more years of life, killing yourself would not make a lot of since.

As for as being emancipated, normally you have to have a job to earn your own income, have enough money to pay your own apartment, and electric and food and so on. You will need enough money to hire an attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My sixteen year old daughter hates me [ 6 Answers ]

I have a sixteen year daughter who says she hates me. We got into a huge fight and I had her go to my parents house cause somebody would have got hurt. I can't understand why she walks around our house like she is the most misserable girl on earth. She swears at me all the time she is so nasty.did...

How to get emancipated with my situation. [ 1 Answers ]

Okay well I'm 15, turning 16 in July. And I have been living with my aunt for the past few months. I do not live with either my mother or my father. Me and my mom do not get along in no kind of means. She is an alcoholic and when she gets drunk she takes it ALL out on me, saying I am the reason of...

How to get emancipated [ 2 Answers ]

Hello i am trying to receive questions on getting emancipated how to i go about gettting emancipated in louisiana? I need help can someone assist me :o

Can I be emancipated? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 15 and pregnant. I am menially abused by my father. There has been physical abuse in the past. I am have a younger brother and a older sister. My mother and father do treat me a lot differently form them. My father is also a drunk. He is mean and abusive when he drinks. He was thrown...

View more questions Search