Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blakergirl99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 03:31 PM
    Neon Yellow?
    My dog is currently throwing up neon yellow. I was just wondering if that was OK, or if we should be more concerned? If you know anything, please let me know.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 03:35 PM
    If you had said your cat, I would not be so concerned, but, dogs do not throw up on a regular basis like cats do.

Neon yellow does not sound good, couldn't be the color of any regular dog food, could it?

Perhaps it is bile, or acid that may be normal in the digestive system, I don't know.

If it were my dog, I would get it looked at as soon as possible.
    victoriarose Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2008, 03:39 PM
    Hummm Interesting did he or she just have surgery? When my dog got fixed after words she started throwing up neon green and bright pink.. But the vet told me it had to be something that she got into that she wasn't suppose to.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 04:22 PM
    Blakergirl, how often is this occurring? If it is just once or twice and has stopped, it is most likely nothing to be concerned about. Vomiting does happen on occasion with dogs, as with humans. The bright yellow liquid is bile. Infrequent vomiting in dogs can be due to allergies, climate, eating something that just isn't sitting right,. If the vomiting is frequent/continuous and/or she is unable to keep anything down, you need to bring her in to the vet for an examination. Try to take notes of exactly what is occurring and bring in a sample of the fluid for the vet to examine.

As an FYI, if you are giving your dog table scraps, I suggest you stop and stick to water and dog chow. If you aren't giving your dog table scraps but there is the possibility that someone in the household is slipping her food, you need to make it clear to everyone that they have to stop this practice. Foods high in fat can lead to pancreatitis in dogs. So, when your dog starts to vomit, it is important to monitor the food intake and the behavior. If the dog appears lethargic or is not her usual self, it is time for a visit to the vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

1998 Dodge Neon [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have a 1998 Dodge Neon, I really hate it :( But, for about a month, whenever I turn it on, it turns over and over many times, and it takes a while and then it finally starts. I'm really scared one day it just won't turn on! Also, I was driving the other day and something popped in the...

Neon Colored Puppies? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, so there's this movie from before the 90's (I think). It's animated and there were brightly colored/neon puppies in it and there was something about a key too, but that's about all I can remember. I can't figure it out and it's killing me so any help would be amazing! Thanks!

DRIVING with neon lights [ 1 Answers ]

:rolleyes: Hmmm, this is my first try at this so forgive me if I do it wrong... Does anyone know if it is legal to drive in Southern California with lights on Your under carriage? I have blue neon lights that I can turn on or off under My truck! Thanks for the help!

My Neon Tetra [ 3 Answers ]

My new Neon Tetra fish suddenly has a swollen stomach, and is not moving fast anymore what is the problem with her?

View more questions Search