Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simplysrujan Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2006, 12:34 PM
    Is there a way to find where a site is hosted
    Hi Guys,
    Just wanted to know if there is a way to find out where a particular website is hosted(I mean the hosting company).
    I am trying to figure our which hosting company can handle my website based on what similar companies are using.
    Thanks
    Srujan
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jan 13, 2006, 01:31 PM
    You can try doing a whois on the site.

Try the whois lookup on http://www.dnsstuff.com

Jan 13, 2006, 01:47 PM
    Need more info
    Hi Psi42,
    Thanks for the response. I think we can get the info of the domain name owner by looking up Whois.
    I was actually trying to look up what hosting company that website uses. When I go to the website http://www.dnsstuff.com/ I see a lot of things. I do not really know which lookup I need to use. Could you please help.
    Thanks
    Srujan
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 13, 2006, 02:29 PM
    The WHOIS at NETSOL.com lists a Technical contact which is usually someone at the web host. You can also try e-mailing [email protected]

Jan 14, 2006, 12:55 AM
    Thanks Scottgem
    Hello Scottgem,
    I tried doing that previously to few of the site owners but no one replied. Probably because they think I'm a direct competition for them. However I rephrased my question and emailed some website owners. Let's see if I get any positive results now.
    Thanks
    Srujan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a web site [ 5 Answers ]

Hello there.. I'm looking for aweb site named askme.com.. I was a member, but I became an official site for other stuff not related to answeing questions.. any 1 got an idea what happened to it?

Web site help [ 2 Answers ]

A web site has been made and we would like to go in and change pictures and add pictures but have no idea how to do this. Some one else built the site but isn't able to work on it continuosly like we want. We don't know how to do any of it. Mostly focusing on adding pictures and mabye working on...

View more questions Search