Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pliuailing Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 01:44 PM
    Word Formations (Compound) Problems for ESL/EFL Students
    What special problems do you think English word formations such as compounds may present to those who are trying to acquire English as a second language?
    darhe3425 Posts: 57, Reputation: 3

Mar 28, 2008, 03:07 PM
    I would think the difficulty would be in visualizing the two words as one for perhaps some compound words, whereas instruction may need to include actual items for example kitestring, or skyscraper. Well a picture for some.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Word Problems [ 1 Answers ]

Find the average speed for the given distance and time. Include the units of measure in your answer. An airplane travels 800 miles in 120 minutes.

Word Problems [ 4 Answers ]

Find the length of the sides of a square if the number of a square meters in its area is 1.5 times the number of meters in its perimeter.question #2 What is the rate if the interest on $560 for two years is $145.60? Question#3 If the perimeter of a square is 94 m, find its area. Question #4 a...

Word Problems [ 1 Answers ]

Now that I finally understand functions and how they work, I have one more question about them. I apologize in advance if this is a repeat question. The question is 2 cars are leaving at a difference of 3 hours. The first car is written as d(t)=50t t represents the time in hours, and 50 is the...

Annoying odour and formations [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: hey, I am 16 male.. I will just get straight to it. Between my legs I have a very strong odour that I can smell practilly all the time. On my testies pubic hair there is a yellow residue forming on the individual hairs . Its really annoying I have tried removing the hair but it keeps...

Word problems [ 2 Answers ]

A fruit vendor bought 36 pineapples for $30. He sold some at $1.29 each and the rest at $1.09 each, thereby gaining $13.64. How many did he sell at each price? :confused:

View more questions Search