Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jan 28, 2008, 01:26 PM
    Green hair. EW.
    So my hair was dark brown. I bleached it out to dye it a lighter brown, and now its green and I swear it almost looks gray.

Is there a way to fix this without dying it AGAIN?

Your prompt response will be GREATLY appreciated.

:) :( :confused: :mad: :p ;)
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2008, 02:38 PM
    You can't just "fix" this problem without dying it again. Apparently whatever kind of base you are using is reacting wrongly with your hair color and hair type. You might want to let your hair "rest" a few days before doing anything else to it. It just may oxidize the hair color out in those few days and won't look so bad. Anytime I used a light brown color, I would get the same greenish tinge. It would go away in a few days. Next time choose a different base color.
    Vision Expert

Jan 28, 2008, 04:49 PM
    What do you mean by base color?
    toast2horror Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Nope most likley your going to have 2 dye it again!

But if you go to a place like Sally's u could probably find a toner that cancelles out green tones
    Vision Expert

Jan 28, 2008, 11:54 PM
    Will hot oil treatment help??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Green Hair! [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I've had blonde hair for 5 years and I decided to try dying it to a dark brown - bad idea. I should have not used permanent dye:mad: . At first it looked okay and I started to like it but now its fading to a green hue. I think I want to go back to blonde again. Can I try dying it back to the...

Green hair [ 1 Answers ]

I had bleach blonde hair for a while and wanted to go back to my normal color. I used a light ash brown and my hair turned greeninsh grey. I went and bought a kit to take the color out and it didn't work. Should I go for something that has a red base to it?

Green hair? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey all.. my hair has significantly lightened.. so I'm happy.. I was in Sallys tonight with a friend because she wants to put purple streaks in her hair... well the lady that works told my my hair looks green.. can you all be honest and tell me if it does.. heres a pic: ...

Green Hair [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am a natural blonde and decided I needed a change. I dyed my hair brown with a semi-permanent dye. I decided that it was too dark so started to put blonde dyes over the top. It made the brown fade to a dark blonde colour but now I have a green tinge in it which you can see under certain...

Green hair [ 1 Answers ]

Last Night I Tried Dying My Already Highlighted Blonde Blonde Hair Brown I Thought It Looked All Right Until I Went To Target And Under That Lighting My Hair Looked Very Much Green Is There A Toner Or Maybe I Should Dye My Hair The Same Brown Color Again To Get The Green Out Im Not Sure What To Do...

View more questions Search