Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Esther 1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 12:49 PM
    The Health of my six month old Kitten?
    I just brought back my kitten Myles from the vet I had him spayed. Before he saw the vet he had a lot of energy. Now, he cries and just wants to sleep. The vet says there is nothing wrong with him physical, but I am concern that he is not his perky self.

Any Suggestions?
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Jan 28, 2008, 12:52 PM
    If he was just fixed, then it's normal for him to be sleep a little more and not be so perky. He is still healing and is probably upset from being at the vet. As long as the vet says everything is fine, I wouldn't worry just yet. If he is still acting this way after some time has gone by, take him back in just to make sure everything is OK.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 04:32 PM
    Have to spread it peggy. Esther, please listen to peggy. Another thing you should know if you just brought your kitty home from the surgery, the tiredness and crying are very much the norm after waking up from the anesthesia. They are uncomfortable, groggy and don't understand what is going on. It takes a couple of days for it to work out of the system. Just make sure your cat is comfortable and has plenty of water to flush the medication out of his system.
    Esther 1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Thanks peggyhill and Rubypitbull.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat/kitten health warning! [ 2 Answers ]

Never give asprin to cats! I just thought this was worth posting. Feel free to add other common household hazards foods, plants etc... to this list Aspirin Toxicity in Cats ~ Pawprints and Purrs, Inc.

Cat not getting on with her 6 month old kitten [ 6 Answers ]

My cat misty had 4 kittens about 6months ago and we gave 3 of them away and kept just the one misty and the kitten have been getting along very well, until now as its been nice weather we let the kitten out in the garden and since then, misty keeps hissing at her kitten and trying to fight her, I...

My 2 Month old kitten [ 1 Answers ]

I bought my kitten from a pet store last week, and I'm not sure her history before the pet store. Last week I noticed my kitten had a watery eye, but it didn't seem to bother her, but I took her to the vet instead, just to make sure. The vet gave me an ointment to put in her eye twice a day for 5...

Kitten health [ 1 Answers ]

One month old kitten with blister like sores, sores heal and then fill up again. New ones keep appearing, any ideas?

My six month old kitten left 5 days ago... [ 3 Answers ]

I have a gorgeous 1 year old cat-Mayhem and a six month old kitten-Matilda. They are the best of friends. The both of them have a great home here and lots of love. Each day the cats beg to leave the house. They know how to open the screen and come and go as they please. The older cat has been doing...

View more questions Search