Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tom7411 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 09:45 AM
    Being sued by Credit Card company
    I just a served saying I'm being sued. The CC company sold my debt to a Holding company. Now they are suing me for over 20K. Question is who knew after 4 yrs they sold it. I did not agree to pay them they bought it cheap. I did not sign anything with this company. Do I have to pay them for there gamble of buying my old debt?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 10:04 AM
    No. You don't have to pay them. You can try to defend your position in court.

If they followed all the legal requirements for debt purchase where you reside, then they do have the right to collect it and could sue if all the documents are in order regarding the debt and their purchase of it.

I would try to negotiate a lower settlement, prior to court, and try to set up a payment plan.

In my opinion, this would be your best option.

Best wishes, and good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am Being Sued by a credit card company [ 1 Answers ]

I live in California I am being sued by a credit card company and I was wondering what can happen from here? Can they garnish my wages take my cars and house :( ? I can't afford a lawyer and there are a lot of codes on the papers I have been served that I don't understand. Please Help.

Getting Sued By Credit Card Company [ 2 Answers ]

If my husband is getting sued by a credit card company, can they take our car if we need it for medical reasons on our daughter?

Being sued by credit card company [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Pennsylvania. I am being sued For a credit card in civil court. What can they take or do to me?

Sued by credit card company [ 1 Answers ]

What do I do when sued by credit card company?

View more questions Search