Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nutcracker400 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 05:36 AM
    Worried Mum
    I recently found this tablets in a bag I lent a family member. Can anyone id them please they are round peach in colour and have G one side and 75 the other. I have tried several pill id sites and no luck:confused:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2008, 05:58 PM
    You can try here.

pillidentifier.com
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 28, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Best advice, throw them away, knowing what they are will not change much. And perhaps not loaning the bag to them again
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Jan 30, 2008, 06:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Best advice, throw them away, knowing what they are will not change much. And perhaps not loaning the bag to them again
    This is great advice. Keep in mind that when you do throw them away flush them down the toilet so no one will ever use them. That is the roll of thumb when it come to disposing old or unwanted pills. You also can take them to a pharmacy for disposal as well.
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2008, 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish2008
    This is great advice. Keep in mind that when you do throw them away flush them down the toilet so no one will ever use them. That is the roll of thumb when it come to disposing old or unwanted pills. You also can take them to a pharmacy for disposal as well.

They say now DO NOT throw them in the toilet because the sewage plants are complaining about being clogged with undigested pills and pills that are throw away in the toilet.

They say to throw them in the garbage wrapped in paper with used coffee grounds, old cooking grease, kitty litter etc...
    ***edit--dish soap better choice than grease if you have to throw them away and can't get to the drug store to get rid of them.

Julie's Health Club - Where alternative and mainstream health meet | Chicago Tribune | Blog | Julie's Health Club
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Jan 30, 2008, 09:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    They say now DO NOT throw them in the toilet because the sewage plants are complaining about being clogged with undigested pills and pills that are throw away in the toilet.

They say to throw them in the garbage wrapped in paper with used coffee grounds, old cooking grease, kitty litter etc...

Julie's Health Club - Where alternative and mainstream health meet | Chicago Tribune | Blog | Julie's Health Club
    Regardless over what ever is the best way to dispose of unwanted pills in the house. I really can't see how pills made for your body to dissolve in your digest system will affect your wast. If people are afraid of that then why not take it to a drug store to a pharmacist and they will dispose of it for you. I would never put it in the trash for the sake of animals will eat anything. As well if a crow or Sigel grabs the bag and drops it anywhere, it would make it accusable to kids. Kids usually mistake pills for vitamins.

As well to add from your site you googled. It states "If the drugs are particularly powerful and addictive painkillers or stimulants, flush them down the toilet instead of disguising them in waste, if the label says the drugs are flushable" Remember that the pills where found. And are unknown.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2008, 10:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish2008
    I really can't see how pills made for your body to dissolve in your digest system will affect your wast.
    Because the pill will dissolve in the water and may not be cleared by conventional water cleansing proceedures. Also a perfectly harmless substance can be converted into a toxin via reacting with other substances in the water.

Toxicity not only depends on the dose of the compond but the combined dose of other compounds present in the water which can form a cocktail with a synergistic toxicity effect.

Other problems are for the environment, if the drug disposed is a hormone or steroid it can be articually damaging. Toxins such as these can accumulate in animals higher up the food change to fatal levels. They can alter the growth of organisms and unbalance fragile ecosystems.

If the drug is an antibiotic it can decrease the efficacy of cleaning processes in wastewater treatment plant by killing bacterium used to digest waste.

Also don't be fooled into the false security that it's only a small amount. If everyone thought like that we would be knee high in rubbish because 'it's only a small wrapper.'

Just take drugs to the pharmacy where they can be properly disposed of, after all it is free.
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Labman
    The point is to bury it in the garbage can in stuff that no person would want to take the pill out of.
    If you have it wrapped up in paper with coffee grounds, kitty litter, old grease, etc... and buried in the garbage can with a lid the dogs shouldn't be able to get into it. Use dish soap or something if you don't have a secure lid or afraid animals are able to get into it with whatever you do. Sorry I assumed for people to realize you don't leave it in the garbage in such a way that animals would get into it but secure it enough that they can't.
    If they are getting into your garbage for old grease you must have some mess when you throw away old cooking oils, meat fats and grease.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 06:05 AM
    This poor lady isn't asking about throwing away drugs, she is worried that her child is taking drugs! She entitled her question "Worried Mum" and states she lent the bag to a relative. I don't want to minimize the other issue of proper disposal but that isn't the question at hand. Nohelp, that website you posted in your first response is a portal for paid advertisers. It doesn't help the average person identify anything.

Nutcracker, the easiest way to identify the drug is to take it to your local pharmacist and ask for help. He has a drug identifier catalogue. Explain your concern to him. I am sure he will help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How should I tell my mum? [ 11 Answers ]

OK this is the story... briefly I like a guy We have been getting to know each other for about 8 months (just talking in work, texting, myspace, msn... nothing more) I have decided after a hell of a lot of thought I want to take it further and I know he does too In the past I've said no, as I...

Worried mum [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter is 15 yrs old she has been taking the contraception pill called cilest for the past two months,sha has now had a period in the middle of the month and she is still taking the pill could you please tell me if this is normal,

My mum [ 1 Answers ]

My mum was murderd on 15th march 2005 by a man who a very loud man who my mum Took under her roof who she meet in a chat room in leeds centre he seemed to be very Smarmy but other people had different veiws 1 week after mothers day we had a phone Call from my brother he said my mum was dead...

My mum [ 2 Answers ]

My mum is taking over my child she thinks because she looks after him I'm not aloud to do things with him she said I have to ask to do stuff and take him out all the time the social knows my mum looks after my child because of my depression what I have had since I gave birth to my son what rights...

View more questions Search