Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

Jan 28, 2008, 01:32 AM
    Recognition of gay marriages
    Does Immigration recognize gay marriages issues in Massachusetts or Canada?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 08:08 PM
    I don't believe so.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 28, 2008, 08:10 PM
    My understanding it is not reconised at the Federal Level.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2008, 09:31 PM
    Gay marriages only exist in Mass and Canada presently. Maybe when they are recognized in all 50 states, then the Immigration people will be interested in them.
    Sam DePecan Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2008, 02:58 PM
    Oh, that would really be a long-term disaster! . . . You mean have our wothless, stupid, over-payed-over-zealous liberal Congress sorta combine the two and let both isles kinda split-decision the Marriage-Idiots and the Border Patrol-Morons and then take some more tax money and just kinda throw it against the wall on the right and then pick it up and sling it back against the wall on the left and then see what stuck and what fell and sorta take it from there???? Yeah. Why not? I mean what next? . . . Acupuncture and Marshmallows drenched with catsup over corn bread??? Yeah! Let's go for it!!! I mean, like . . . VOTE!!!
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jun 6, 2008, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kepi
    Does Immigration recognize gay marriages issues in Massachusetts or Canada?

No... Immigration is federal law while marriage is state law.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My gay friends tell me my new love interest is gay [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone. Im new to this service. I am a 32 year old female, who has been dating a 26 year old guy for about 2 months. I met him about a year ago, and up until 2 months ago, really only hung out with him with our other friends. We both knew there was something there, had not had the...

Legal marriages [ 1 Answers ]

Can an ordained minister perform a legal ceremony at sea

My family thinks that being gay is wrong and I'm gay! [ 5 Answers ]

K well I'm gay and my family thinks that being gay is wrong.They want me to get married to someone who is also portuguese or french and start a family.I told my auntie and she was fine with it but she was worried something was going to happen to me.I want to tell my grandma who I absoulutly love...

New Marriages in the Family [ 5 Answers ]

I'm not really sure what subtopic this falls in under Family and it's actually a group of questions. When I was little, my aunt and uncle divorced. My uncle is my dad's brother. Is that aunt still an aunt? My uncle remarried a few years ago. Is his wife my aunt or my stepaunt? Is his...

Bi religious marriages. [ 8 Answers ]

I am a Christian guy from the UK working in Pakistan. I have met a Muslim girl and we have fallen in love and would like to get married. Is this possible in Pakistan?

View more questions Search