Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hazel10 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 11:21 PM
    Late 80's/early 90's kids movie, monster under the bed.
    I saw this movie when I was a kid, probably on Nickelodeon or something, about a kid with a guy/monster type person living under his bed. Not "Little Monsters" as I'm sure that's the first one you'll think of.

The only thing I can remember about the plot is that the guy under the bed gets out and starts causing a ruckus in the town and at the kids school.

The guy under the bed had really creepy long fingernails. I think I also remember something about he used to be a normal person but turned into a creepy monster for some reason.

I know I'm not giving much to go on here but I figured it was worth a shot. Its been bothering me for awhile now.

Thanks
    ellenbrn Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 11:27 PM
    Drop dead fred?
    hazel10 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 11:31 PM
    Nope but I saw that too. Its more of a fantasy (for lack of a better word) type movie and more geared for kids.
    milkyherb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 03:58 PM
    It sounds like the disney film, 'Dont look under the bed'
    rokelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2008, 01:13 AM
    LITTLE MONSTERS (1989)-After moving to the neighborhood, Brian Arthur Stevenson (FRED SAVAGE - TV's "The Wonder Years") and his family are looking forward to a new life in the suburbs. But it isn't long before Brian meets up with his first real best friend that of all people (or things) turns out to be a monster named Maurice (HOWIE MANDEL - TV's "Bobby's World"), a monster who lives to have fun playing jokes and all the things that a kid can't do under an adult's supervision. After his younger brother Eric Stevenson (BEN SAVAGE) claims he's been having monsters under his bed, Brian trades rooms with him to prove him wrong. But when he does, he's the one who's proven wrong when he finds Maurice snooping around. Together as Maurice shows Brian the time of his life in another world under his bed, they form a strong friendship in ways they never imagined. But they also learn that sooner or later, Brian will have to abandon this dream come true for any kid or risk the nightmare of a lifetime becoming a little monster himself! When two evil monsters who rule the monster world named Boy (FRANK WHALEY) and Snik (RICK DUCCOMUN) learn of this, they abduct Eric as insurance to get Brian to cooperate and stay to become one of them. With the help of a few friends: Todd [Eric's best friend] (WILLIAM MURRAY WEISS), Ronnie Coleman (DEVIN RATRAY), Kiersten Deveraux (AMBER BARRETTO) and Maurice, Brian must take matters into his own hands and rescue Eric before sunset 3-5 minutes after 6:19am. But will they make it out alive in time or will their fate leave them doomed to become little monsters forever?
    TheViscoKid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2009, 09:04 PM
    I forget why I was looking up this show now myself as I have just spent about 20 minutes doing so. In any case, my search led me to your question and I do know the answer now. There was an animated series, a toy-line, and a live-action VHS film all tied into this show.
    It was called, "My Pet Monster."
    kwijibo Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jul 24, 2009, 07:50 AM
    LITTLE MONSTERS! Been looking for this for ages! The bit I remember most is when the kid is getting bullied at school, so the monster takes a piss in the guys drink. Awesome
    MusicMamaE Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Sep 23, 2009, 04:56 PM
    It's called Don't Look Under the Bed. It's about a girl whose little brother's imaginary friend starts hanging around her and trying to get her to remember what it was like to be a kid. The monster with the long fingernails was once the girl's imaginary friend that turned into a boogeyman when she stopped believing in her.
    cupcakekauahi Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Sep 29, 2009, 03:59 AM

I'm going to agree with some of the others- it is don't look under the bed. The long fingernails especially.
    timboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2010, 06:02 PM
    Aw man I remember this film I really liked it it imapcted me man! I remember after I watched it searching under my bed for the hole to the other world.
    I really want to know too what its called! Lol
    EightiesBaby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2010, 02:48 PM
    Little Monsters!
    sushi4u1dolla Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 10:07 PM
    Its called Little Monsters
    ElDiablo666 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Mar 4, 2011, 07:21 PM
    The person already said it is NOT little monsters so stop suggesting it!!

I agree that it may be the elusive "dont look under the bed" though, classic film.
    The long fingernails and stuff really seem to make me think of that.

Completely unrelated:
    I am remembering another film about a monster under the bed that tries to pull a kid under there...
    When they run outside, one fall in a hole and these weird little white people start to attack him/her.

They run back inside (bad idea, but lesser of two evils maybe) and a little white dude stuffs hus hand through the door, not making a hole. And I'm sure the hand becomes little bugs and they scurry back out.

Very old film, would love to know what it is!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late 80's/early 90's kids TV show [ 2 Answers ]

I have been trying to find out the name of this show for so long. It was my favourite when I was younger and nobody knows what I'm talking about! The theme song says something like "and now more tales of ovid video" it has a white animal with a red and blue toucan beak and a purple kangaroo and a...

Another late 80's/early 90's kids movie. [ 3 Answers ]

I used to go to a day care center and they would play this movie frequently. I can't remember very well, but it was about a group of bugs trying to defend their city from red ants or something. The only other thing I can really remember was that it had an old, grumpy spider character and this fat...

Kids movie from late 80's early 90's I think [ 11 Answers ]

There was a movie that I watched once when I was younger about a young girl who had dolls that came to life and they lived in a land that she could go to if she stepped through her mirror. I know it is not Alice and Wonderland. This movie was about the girl's grandma was getting older and she...

Early 90's or late 80's kids movie I think. [ 1 Answers ]

I used to love this movie when I was a kid but I can not think of it... tell me if the description isn't good enough please. :) There's this brother and sister with their short stubby dog and one day their coloring in this book and all of the sudden they get transported into the coloring...

Late 80's/Early 90's kids movie about dogs [ 2 Answers ]

I can't remember a lot about the movie at all except that it was an animated movie about 2 dogs (a pinkish female dog and a blue male dog) who come to earth and befriend a boy. For some reason there is a bad guy who is after the dogs. So the boy enlists the girl nextdoor for help hiding them. I...

View more questions Search