Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lzak54 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 10:14 PM
    Hip issue with my dog
    My 7 year old lab just developed a serious hip issue. I've been walking her more than usual and I'm not sure if her hip is just getting adjtated or if it is a serious proble. But she has developed a real bad limp and her back right hip has a very tender spot and it seems swollen. At first I thought maybe she justed needed a few days rest, but that doesn't seem to be helping. DO you have any suggestions on what it may be?

Thanks
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 06:31 AM
    Labs are prone to hip and "elbow" displasia, a degenerative joint disease which develops into osteoarthritis. More than likely that is what the issue is, but my telling you this won't help your dog. The only way to know for sure what is going on is to get her into the vets office for a complete health evaluation. There are a variety of treatments available to help ease your dog's pain. Depending on the severity of the condition, there are a number of treatment options. Ask the vet to explain what all the options are and what to expect from each one. He will help you find the right course of treatment for your dog.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sore hip [ 2 Answers ]

I have this pain in my left hip that I've had for almost 2 years now. I'm 24 years old and fairly healthy. Its not unbareable but it is quite annoying and I don't want it to get any worse. My grandma recently had her hip replaced so I wonder if its something hereditary... anyone have a similar...

Hip surgury [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My husband going to have a total hip replacement this fall, does anyone know anything about it?

Follow Up To Limping Dog Yesterday. Hip Dysplasia [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: My dog Max ended up showing shallow hip sockets and being diagnosed with Hip Dysplasia yesterday. I was not with my husband so I didn't get to discuss it with the vet, and I have a list of questions. I do plan to get in this weekend to discuss it with her but was wondering what sort...

Hip pain [ 6 Answers ]

The past 2 nights, I have woken up with major hip pain in my left hip (the side I sleep on). It feels almost like it's out of it's joint or something. Is this normal? Oh, I'm 8 months along, and my baby has recently dropped, if that helps at all. I see my doctor on Monday, but when ever I tell him...

Hip replacement [ 4 Answers ]

What are the symptoms someone might have for a Doctor to say someone needed hip replacement?

View more questions Search