Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    junebug800 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 08:17 PM
    Need instruction on cartridge removal for Moen bath faucet
    Our tub in the guest bath has a single lever controlled faucet and we just recently realized that there is no hot water coming out when you turn it all the way to hot. It's just a dribble and it's cold. Judging by most of the reponses to this question it would appear our first step would be to try to get the old cartridge out and flush to see if it fixes the problem. We have a MOEN TL2301. The house is about 2 years old. We don't want to risk breaking anything so we're looking for some instruction as to how to go about this. Any and all help is appreciated.

biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2008, 10:45 PM
    Think between these two sites you should be able to complete the job

Video:  How to Repair a Tub-and-Shower Valve | eHow.com

http://www.moen.com/shared/pdf/TL239...&id=478cf5b621

Hope this helps-- Please rate my answer
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 27, 2008, 11:04 PM
    Turn off water.
    Loosen handle screw and remove handle.
    Remove handle adapter if one exist. Pull out sleave around cartridge, called stop tub kit in parts break down.
    You may or may not have to remove escutcheon.
    Remove retaining clip.
    Pull cartridge with pliers. You can also reattach handle to the cartridge to pull out cartridge.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remove Moen tub faucet cartridge [ 14 Answers ]

Hi folks, I have a single handle Moen tub faucet that I'm trying to do some work on. A little description first. My bathtub faucet is teardrop shaped with the point of the teardrop pointing towards the floor. So when looking at it the writing is actually upside down. So to turn on the water...

Moen cartridge style tub faucet [ 1 Answers ]

My tub faucet was leaking and I replaced the cartridge (took me all day to figure it out!) Now I only get lukewarm water. I've read the other posts on this repair and my faucet (when it worked) used to pull out and you would turn it one way for hot, the other for cold. Inside the handle is one...

Moen cartridge [ 3 Answers ]

I changed my one handle shower cartridge by moen. This was not easy and had to break it apart to remove. I put a new one in and there was no pressure. I changed this one and got very little improvement. I had great pressure before it was just leaking any ideas??

Peerless faucet cartridge removal [ 1 Answers ]

After removing the chrome cylinder and the retainer from the top of the cartridge, what do I do next to extract the cartridge from the faucet assembly.:) confused:

View more questions Search