Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eruckus Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 07:59 PM
    Capturing images from .wmv files
    I cannot figure out how to capture images playing from .wmv files. For example, I am watching a home movie on my computer using windows media player and I have paused the video at a certain point. I would like to make the still image paused on windows media player into an image file and further edit it with PSP or photoshop.

I have tried to do this with screen capture and when that didn't work I downloaded some freeware screen capture software, but that was no help either. Anybody got any ideas how this could be accomplished?. hopefully without purchasing additional software?

Thanks in advance! :)
    -e.ruckus
    eruckus Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 09:52 PM
    Well I kept at it and found this program.

Frame shots allows you to view WMV and other media formats, pause where you'd like and take a "snapshot." from there you save it in your preferred image format for further editing in the image editing program of your choice. The free trial works really well and if you're looking to use something like this often, the $30 doesn't seem like too much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't use WMV files [ 2 Answers ]

When I bought my computer, it came installed with Windows XP and all other programs. I tried getting service pack 2 and was unable to install it as the XP was not the original. Ever since the computer has been displaying XP not genuine and has basically made all the WMV files and video capture in...

Capturing feral kittens [ 8 Answers ]

We are trying to rid our neighborhood of stray cats. I have been trying to catch the kittens when they are 8-10 weeks old, to see if I can tame them enough to be adoptable for others. Anyone have any ideas to accomplish this? They are VERY fast! I've been feeding them, and hope to lead them...

Nokia 6300- WMV files [ 1 Answers ]

I have this nokia6300, how can I play wmv files on it.

Capturing Lpt1 port [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! How can I captured my lpt1 port my operating system is windows xp pro...

View more questions Search